Chapter 10/ Maddy's party

Maddy sings Cool For the Summer by Demi Lovato and Samantha sings Same Old Love by Selena Gomez.

*Samantha*

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing.

Group message;
Julianna, Ashley, Samantha

J- are you guys going 2 Maddy's karaoke party 2night???
A- yassssss
S- idk....
A- come on Sam, you probably won't even see Maddy.
J- yea and we'll be with u all night
A- what could go wrong?
S- everything ...
A- pleeeeaaaasssseeee
S- I have nothing to wear..
J- come over, we'll go shopping :D
S- lol ok
A- come to my house afterwards!!
J- ok
S- oh boy...

I shut my phone off and got ready to go to Julianna's. Too bad Max couldn't come... He'll be away for two weeks at his aunts house. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. Jax was looking outside with a cup of coffee in his hand.
"Hey Jax. Are you um... Going to Maddy's party tonight?" I hesitantly asked.
"Nah... Maybe.... I don't know..." He sighed as he ran a hand through his hair.
"Well... Maybe I'll see you there..."
"You're going?" He finally turned around to me.
"Yeah... My friends want me to so..." I shrug and he nods, staring at the ground.
"Well I might see you there then."
"Cool." I smile at him before opening the door and walking outside, making my way to Julianna's house.

After I got to her house, we drove to the nearest dress shop and sang to cheesy pop songs the whole way there.

•••

I shuffled through the dresses, sighing at all the sparkles.
"Don't you have anything... Oh I don't know... Black? Or burgundy?" I ask, turning to the employee that was helping us.

"Certainly." She smiled as she lead us to the more darker section in the back of the store.

I looked through the dark clothing, finding a beautiful long black dress to pair with some gold pumps. Julianna found a bright blue dress with black pumps. We bought our dresses and shoes and headed to Ashley's house to get ready and apply makeup.

Ashley had curled her hair and had on an almost navy blue dress. She helped me with my eye makeup to make it the shade of my dress. I helped Julianna with hers to look natural and Julianna applied Ashley's in light shades.

"Ashley, will you clasp this for me?" I held up my ruby locket.
"Of course." She climbed over her bed and clasped it around my neck.
"Hey... Isn't that the locket that Jax gave you?" Julianna poked her head out of the bathroom.
"Yeah..." I blushed at the floor and I could see Julianna and Ashley smile cheekily at each other.
"Oh shut up you two..."

We awed in sight of ourselves and smiled like idiots.
"Well... I guess we're ready!" Ashley clapped her hands together.
"Are you going to sing Samantha?" Julianna asked as we walked to her car.
"You know I have stage fright." I climb into the passenger seat and Ashley slips into the back.

"Oh come on, Sam!" Julianna protested as she jammed the keys into the key hole.
I laughed when she struggled to turn them so I lightly placed my hand over hers and turned it for her.
"Thanks..." She mumbled and slowly backed out of Ashley's driveway.
"Maybe I will sing though... You never know..." I smirked at my friends and Ashley playfully punched my arm.
"Hey! Don't get my hopes up, you!" She pouted at me and I laughed.

No way am I going to sing tonight...

•••

We finally reached Maddy's house and I sucked in a breath before entering the huge house full of people dancing and eating junk food.