Chapter 6/Happy birthday to me

•Samantha•

It was finally the night of the party and I was staring at my costume in the mirror. It'd been a few days since the texts from Jax and things have been awkward between us. Those things he said stung but I felt better after he canceled the party when I texted Zac what happened and he came over to persuade his friend to cancel.

I felt victorious that night and thanked Zac. He was really cool and very very hot. But I haven't liked anyone since... Lewis. I shivered at the thought of him. At the four years I wasted over him.
I walked out of my door and ran downstairs to be picked up by Julianna and Max. I waited patiently and soon Maddy came up behind me.

"What the fuck are you doing here? This is my boyfriend's house."
I turned around "Yeah, and it's mine for the time being too. So fuck off."
"What'd you say to me?!" She screeched.
"Oh I'm sorry... I forgot you were blonde..." I sneered at her.
"Why you-" she screamed and pushed me down, ripping at my hair.

"Hey! Stop! Maddy, STOP!" I heard a guy yell and the she beast was picked up off of me.
It was Jax.
He helped me up and Maddy kept screeching.
"How dare you be here! And how dare you help her up?!"
"Maddy just shut up!" Jax yelled at her and turned to me. "You ok..?"
I nodded.
"Maddy leave. You're not my date tonight anymore. You're not my girlfriend anymore."
She screeched again and stomped away. "You better watch out Samantha..." She said before slamming the door.
"You didn't have to break up with her..." I whispered after a few moments of silence.
"Oh please, I've been trying to do that for ages!" He groans and looks over at me. "Your lip... Is bleeding..."
I wiped my bottom lip with my thumb.
"Yeah..."
"About the texts..." He started but was interrupted by a car horn. I looked outside and saw Julianna leaning out of Max's car and waving at me to come.
"I'm sorry... I have to go... see you later!" I ran out the door and got in the car.

Why do I have a bad feeling about tonight...?

•••

I was dancing with Julianna for about an hour and still no sign of Jax. Max was chatting up a guy at the food table with a smile on his face and dimples shown.
"I'm gonna find Zac!" I yelled over the music.
Julianna nodded. "ok!"
I left the dance floor and wandered around looking for Zac.
"Little S!" I heard a yell behind me and turned around.
Zac side hugged me and I smiled at him. "Hey Zac! You have such a nice house..."
"Thanks... So I heard Jax dumped Maddy cuz of you..." He smirked at me. I blushed at the ground.

Dang it, Samantha! Not the right time to blush!

"Um... Yeah... hey, have you seen him?"
"Oh yeah, he's outside." Zac leaned against the wall.
"Thanks!" I waved as I walked away. I saw Zac walk over to some guys.

I went outside and saw Jax looking up at the stars and on my left I saw... Lewis...

"L... Lew... Lewis..." I whispered. He turned around and flashed me his famous smile.
"I've missed you so much!" He hugged me and I broke away from him.
"You're not supposed to be here... You're supposed to be in New York..."
"I came back." He replied with a confused face.
"And what about Kirstin?" I asked through grit teeth.
He sighed and shook his head. "I thought you would've gotten over this by now..."
"Gotten over this?! What, you cheating on me? After my sister died... When I need you most!" I yelled at him.
"I'm sorry, ok? I was under a lot of pressure and I snapped!" He yelled back.
"It's too late to be sorry now..." I finished and turned away. He grabbed my arm. "Samantha! I never stopped loving you!"
"Really?" I turned back around to face him. "You mean you were still in love with me when you were impregnating another girl? Because that's really... really hard to believe. Now leave me alone." I snapped in disgust and ripped my arm away from him.