The Great Game

Merlin POV

I feel awful. I just felt something inside of me snap. I've never really shouted at Arthur like that. I don't feel myself and it is really starting to worry me, perhaps i'm depressed. In the middle of the night i heard banging, the others heard it to but i pretended i didn't hear it.

Everyone was beginning to stir from their sleep as Morgana came patrolling through the door with several guards. "So nice to speak to you when you're all concious!" laughed Morgana. I turned over to see Gwaine rolling his eyes. "Today's game involves ALL of you today. Aren't i nice, making sure everyone's included." she smiled. The doors to the cells opened and the guards hauled us up. They marched us out in pairs. I looked at Arthur's face, he seemed hurt. "Sorry for shouting." i whispered apologetically.

"Let's forget it happened." replied Arthur quietly. I smiled at Arthur and he returned with a grin.

Arthur POV

I finally think Merlin is getting better. I looked across the square and saw a wooden stage with 6 sections. Strange. The last section had the stock frame and it was facing 1,000s of arrows that were held by a mechanism. I was worried and so was everyone else.

"Ethan thought of this game so i call him to explain it." said Morgana

"It is very simple. One person is in the stock frame. You each have to answer questions or do practicals to reach the next level. If you fail in one of the tasks 20 arrows fire from here onto the Stock frame. The higher the level, the damage gets worse. Understand?" Ethan explained, "now the Lady Morgana. Who do you choose to go in the stock frame?" Morgana stared from me to merlin then me to merlin again. "Merlin." Of course she would. Merlin looked at me with a sad expression and simply said

"You better do well." I felt bad. "The order will go Gaius, Gwaine, Gwen, Percival,Leon then Arthur. Although Gaius the person you pick for your challenge does not have to go" added Morgana

Gaius POV

I stepped forward onto the platform and explaining what i had to do.

Gaius,

Choose on person and give them the potion attatched. You have 3 minutes to create an antidote otherwise the chosen person will die. Pick your person and flip the sand timer.

I looked at the potion: Dragon's breath.

A fairly leathel poison but luckily i've encoutered it before. I picked Leon. He came over and drunk the potion. I flipped the timer... it had begun. Quickly i began to crush some rosemary and tyme. Leon sat holding his throat, gasping for air. I poured some lavender water into the solution and stirred it vigorously. I turned over to Leon, the colour had drained from his face, and poured it into his mouth. He swallowed the mixture weakly. He sighed as his breathing returned to normal and some colour returned to his face. I saw Merlin smile with relief. 20 less arrows to think about!

Gwaine POV

I know i shouldn't be enjoying this but my challenge is AMAZING i have to drink 5 tankards of mead in 1 minute. 25 seconds gone and i was already on the 4th one! Pff the mighty Morgana under-estimated my drinking skills! I finished the last one and slammed it down on the table. Ok one problem i am slightly drunk now... oh well better than nothing! I looked at Merlin who smiled at me. I hope everyone passes!

Arthur POV

Luckily Gwen passed her challenge. As she came back to the group i gave her a quick hug. Percival also passed his with flying colours. The pressure was on me- and i felt it.

"You and Merlin have known eachother for a while now, but how well do you know Merlin? Read the questions on the parchment and answer them." explained Morgana, "Begin."

I pulled the paper off the string and read the first question a loud

"When is Merlin's Birthday?" I thought hard and managed to remember. "1st January."

Next question " What was the flower that Nimeuh posioned Merlin with?" I gulped, i can still remember that day. I honestly thought he was going to die. I tried to think back to Gaius to when he was explaining to me what was happening. THINK ARTHUR THINK!

"Mortiar Flower." i guessed. Phew. Final question

"When you had been bitten by the questing beast, death was definate. But you survived. After waking up Merlin visits, but what was the true reason behind Merlin confessing his loyalties to you?"

I thought back to that day

"I'm happy to be your servant till i die."

That line haunted me - especially when Merlin went missing for a couple of days then came back sad, but trying to enjoy everything.

Why? Why did he say it? I DON'T KNOW!

"I- i-don't know." i stuttered.

"So the mighty Prince doesn't know. Merlin explain to him." sneered Morgana

Sighing merlin began "When you were bitten by the questing beast there was no cure. Gaius had tried everything, even my magic couldn't cure it. So they 2 days i went missing i had travelled to the Isle of the Blessed and bargained my life for yours. I was saying goodbye." explained Merlin sadly.

I can't believe Merlin would do this for me

"I'm sorry Merlin." i apologised

"Enough of the sentiment." interrupted Ethan. He shot his hands and the arrows started their journey to Merlin...

_____________________________________

I am sosososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososo

Sorry that i haven't updated in donkies years :( it won't be that long everrrrr agaiiinnnnn. I would have posted this last Saturday but i was on the plane and the place i was at had no tinternet. Ohhh lots to say. I think a couple of chaps before this i had a shoutout to Mr.Shmidt well it turns out he then was standing in for someone in the music department so we had him for music AWESOME and it gets better, he returns as a full time Science teacher next term WOOOP.

ANYWAY.

Who news: Darleks are in the 50th anniversary on the 23rd of November, keep that date in your diary. Oh my stars it is going to be soooo epic!!

Still can't believe Matt is leaving. Wouldn't it be awesome if David returned as The Doctor

Sherlock News: Anyone see the Top Gear where Benedict Cumberbatch was the 'Star in the reasonbly priced car?' He was hilarious. It should be on Iplayer so watch it if you haven't!!!!! He said that Sherlock should be airing in Novemeber/December or the early months of 2014 (UK, US fans- you have quite a long wait) . He also said he'd been car jacked :-O. #Shocking

Have a great summer, tell me if you're going anywhere!

LOVE YOU LOTS :)

@merthurisawesome xxxxxxx