King of Hearts Ch. 13

Börja om från början

"Another time Jack. Where's Nil?" I questioned and his face grew alert at the mention of his student. Almost at once, the teenager appeared sitting calmly at his desk in the back row.

"Ms. Towers," He greeted me happily and I grinned at him.

"Hey Nil! Have you had a tough time with Jack?" I questioned and his gaze locked with the man behind me. A mature look crossed his face with a feeling that I couldn't place and then his features straightened out.

"It's not so bad once you get used to it. I really learned a lot from him. Although...I can see that we both have the same tattoo now," he spoke and pulled down the collar of his shirt to reveal a marking in the same manner of Jack's except instead of a heart it was a spade with the word Ace attached neatly around his neck. His features had changed as well. Now his face was lighter and his eyes and hair were a dark deep black. The feeling of nostalgia was slowly coming back and I leaned forward to touch Nil's new mark. The same audible hiss erupted from his lips as Jack had done and I jerked away. The tattoo had gotten darker.

"Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking," I apologized putting my hands in my pockets and found two cards in them, the cards had transformed. Instead of the J and K in the corners, there was a giant A with a round circle in the middle that would probably hold their portrait when they entered their respective card.

"Jack, I still have them," I said holding up the cards and a smile flickered on his changed features.

"I'm glad that you do, my dove," He said calmly and I frowned. He didn't seem like Jack. He seemed more like that Zekan than anything. I wanted my Jack back.

"Jack, I want you're old personality back," I told him pointedly and he blinked.

"What for?" He questioned and I scowled at him.

"You acted human. Now you're like some red doomsday device," I mumbled and a loud laugh exploded from the man in front of me.

"It seems that my Ace personality didn't work out like I planned it would," Jack told me and I hit him lightly on the arm.

"Of course it didn't! Why would I like a Jack like that?" I protested and he grinned at me.

"I don't know. You always seem to think that I need to grow up a little," he shrugged and I bit my lip to keep from laughing. He may need to grow up a little but I didn't need him acting like he was god or something.

"We might need to get back to the problem at hand," Nil interrupted our suddenly cheerful atmosphere and I sighed.

"Where are you now?" Jack asked turning serious.

"In Shelia's room. Did she always like pink?" I replied and a grimace passed over his face.

"She thought that guys liked to see pink when they were having sex," he muttered and ran a hand through his hair again.

"Is that hard to get out of?" Nil questioned and I glanced at Jack.

"Well?" I asked and a dark look came over his face.

"If they're there to catch me than it is," he spat.

"They are after me too. I'm an Ace you know," he interjected into his mentor's growing sense of dread. The sentence sparked an idea in my mind.

"How well did Jack teach you? Are you able to go against him?" I voiced excitedly and Nil examined me warily.

"Yeah, I ended up beating his butt. Why?"

"I have an idea. Are you willing to be the bait?" I questioned and he nodded without hesitation. "Good. Now listen up..."

After fine tuning my plan and saying good bye to Jack and Nil, I retreated from the safety of my classroom. Opening my eyes to the pink frilliness of Shelia's room, I searched for Montgomery and Sakura. They were staring at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked them and they just continued looking at me. It was getting creepy at this point so I glanced over at my reflection to see what was so weird. Nothing that I could tell was different. Which reminded me...

"Montgomery, Jack says he's sorry for turning you into a panther. He's really happy that you're alive," I smiled at him and the giant cat's face softened from its shock.

"I'm glad. How were you able to talk to him?" he purred calmly and I rubbed my nose.

"Where there's a will there's a way I suppose," I grinned and his whiskers twitched.

"I see..." He trailed off and I leaned against the wall to wait for the first phase of our plan to start.

Author's note: Sorry this one's short but the next one's going to be a bit long so it all evens out...right? Thanks for the comments! Keep commenting! I might just post sooner. :D