King of Hearts Ch. 10

I was reading Julius Caesar for my English classes that I had to teach and it wasn't helping my patience. Throwing it down onto the table in exasperation, I got up and made my way to the kitchen. Nil had pretty much cleaned all of my rooms to the point where they started to sparkle in a really scary way; so I didn't have much to do in the cleaning department. Leaning against the counter, I faced the dining room table and sighed. I wished they would come home already. I was worried that they would train so hard that they wouldn't come back...

"Well you aren't very pretty," a snide voice said from in front of me and I blinked. An Amazonian woman stood in front of me with her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. The first thought that crossed my mind was: This woman is huge. The second was: How did she get in my house? And the third....well...it's not exactly appropriate.

"Uh...who are you and how did you get in my house?" I asked after a long moment and she stared at me.

"I teleported here. Didn't Vic teach you anything? Jeez. He's so lazy," she said with a small laugh and sat down at the table grinning at me. This woman knew Jack...so she must be....

"Shelia!" I exclaimed scowling and she nodded.

"Took you long enough! Man, he really has been lazy with the way you've been acting. All ignorant and not much to look at either. Why did he choose you?" She thought aloud and I slammed my hands on the table. She had no right to barge into my home and start ranting about Jack. Plus she had just insulted me and I was getting mildly ticked off at her rudeness.

"Don't be mean to the dove, Shelia. I'm sure that Victory has his reasons for choosing a woman of such demeaning qualities," A smooth voice said from behind me and I whirled around to come face to face with the very man that I had slapped not too long ago. The Black and White Joker.

"You!" I accused and strode over to him intent on slapping him when a large arm blocked my way.

"Come on, Mina! I don't need anyone getting hurt here! We're just here for a friendly hello...except that Queen over there! But she always gets in the way of other people," a familiar loud voice greeted my ears and I turned slowly to face a man I've known for just a little while.

"Frank, what are you doing here?" I whispered and he smiled sheepishly.

"Well, I hate to say it but I'm the one who found you first and since Victory and I are such good buddies....well...I just stuck around for awhile to make sure that you were what he was looking for. And it seems you were because you definitely didn't back down from Giovanni here. And uh...I'm sorry for misleading you but me and my dove just wanted to be friends," He grinned and pulled his arm away and wrapped it around another friend's waist.

Dorothy, Dorothy Hallows. The same woman that I had shared everything with and she was a dove of one of them? Why didn't she tell me? She knew but she didn't say anything at all. To make sure that I was what Victory needed? What kind of reason is that?

"If she faints then I'm taking back Victory," Shelia droned and I snapped back to the present. This was no time to be worried about why my best friend had betrayed me. I had three very powerful people in my apartment and now I had to get rid of them somehow but first...

"Frank, what card are you?" I asked and he blinked.

"I'm the Colored Joker," he answered and I nodded. It made sense. He was always wearing paint splattered clothes and painting with all the colors he could use. Although, I never did see his tattoo like on the Black and White Joker.

"Hey. I'm sorry for misleading you but we had to know that you were the right one," Dorothy explained taking my hands in hers and I examined her face for a second, trying to find some trace that none of it was real. I couldn't find anything.