The Plan, Sock's P.O.V.

"Hello John." I said with a chipper tone, sitting next to him at the lunch table. "Hello sock." He said in a monotone voice. He began picking at his sandwich. for some reason  I began to feel worried for john. "How are you doing?" I asked, trying to find the root of the problem. "I-Its not going to well. My mom thinks I'm insane because I'm talking to you, kids in class are picking on me, and now my grades are beginning to drop." He stooped his head low and continued to mes with his sandwich. At this statement, i became quite happy  "Does that mean you're going to kill yourself?" He stopped messing with his sandwich and looked up at me. "Uh... well, maybe. I don't know." almost as if on que, a groups of jocks came up to John. "Sup looser. Are you talking to your little ghost friend again?" I rolled up my sleeves and went to correct them but then to only realize that they couldn't see me, let alone hear me. The jocks threw John's sandwich on he floor and emptied the last bit of lunch John had had, onto his head. They all left, laughing at the human salad bar they had made of John. He had begun pulling his lunch off his face, and i asked him again. "Are you going to do it?" i said, leaning into his face. He freaked out and fell backwards, waving his arms to catch something to help his balance. Sadly, he inevitably landed n the floor, flat on his back. I hovered above him, and looked down into his blue eyes. "So, Jonathan-" "Fine sock." he said, cutting me off, his face was turning a light shade of pink. "whats wrong with your face?" I asked. "I-Its nothing! You were just realy close to my face." He stood up and dusted himself off. On the buss ride home i could hardly contain my excitement. 

"There is so many ways to die. You could stab yourself, poison yourself, hang yourself, stab yourself-"

"You said that twice"

"Oh, well, it is a fun way to die. How do you want to die?"

"I don't know. something kind of fast and mostly painless."

"Oh, alright you could try bleach, or drowning, or placing yourself in front of a car?"

"Maybe." He hung his head down as the bus stopped. The doors opened and he stood up. A quick bombardment of spit wads and paper balls had bombarded john. I stood up to protected him, but it did little to save him. He sprinted off the buss and i had followed after. He got halfway up his driveway and i told him I'd be right back. He looked at me with a confused glance but I had already left. I was standing in Mephostopholies's office. H was sitting on his desk with a little party popper in his hands.  "Congratulations on a job well done. Since John is going to die, here is your new job.  See you in a bit, someone just died." He handed me the manila colored envelope then dissapeared. I opened up the folder and was greeted by a flurry of words. Mrs Nanam... 64 years old... has 13 cats... lives in SanDiego, Wait! "Mephostopholies! How am i supposed to get to SanDieago?" i began saying out loud in the empty room. After the few of seconds of quiet, I realized that Mephostopholies wasn't going to come back. I looked around the room to find something that might answer my question ad i was met face to face with the filing cabinet. I cautiously grabbed the handle and it flew open. I suddenly stopped moving and one file was sticking up. I grabbed the file. It was marked PROTICAL. I opened it up an in it was a note

All people that kill themselves are to report to Mephostopholies for possible recruitment... All that commit suicide due to a haunting of another demon  are to haunt the person they love the most till they expire then report to Mephostopholies for placement...

"Well that shouldn't be bad, Jonathan don't seem to care about anyone." I said out loud  I put the file back and appeared back on John's driveway. I ran inside to figure out where he went. He's not on his X-Box so he must be in his room. I ran up there stairs and sure enough, there he was. he pulled out a bottle of bleach and small bottle of pills. "You ready " I asked? He nodded his head and walked into his room.  He poured a small glass to drink and took 5 of the pills. He then grabbed a small piece of paper and gripped it tight. He layed down on the bed and i watched as his face began to contort to sadness. I walked over to him and layed down next to him. "Don't worry Jonathan, dying wont be that bad. At first it hurts for a little bit, then you feel nothing. Its almost like floating on a cloud and then you're place on a floor. You'll meat this pretty cool guy, His name is Mephostopholies. He's the run that runs hell. Hell is pretty cool, but, I don't know about the other place. Heaven, I think its called. Mephostopholies says its all that its not cracked up to be." Just like the previous nights, I began talking to Jonathan  telling him all about hell and how fun it would be too haunt people, but after a while, I began to get tired  I closed my eyes and was about to fall asleep when i felt an arm wrap around my side. It was Jonathan's. He pulled me close to him and whispered "Thank you..." before i felt his hand go limp. "Don't worry John, It will all be ok now."