My Friend, Sock's P.O.V.

"C'ya." I said, waving to Jonathan as he walked into his house. I just stayed there for a few seconds, floating in mid air, thinking about the events of the day. During gym, Johnathan threw a doge-ball at me and he got it to go through the hole in my stomach. During lunch he showed me the band Valhalla Soundbox, and on the buss ride home, we attempted making shadow puppets. Almost as if summoned, Mephostopholies appeared. 

"Hey kid, Hows it going?"he said in a causal tone. 

"Its pretty well. me and Jonathan tried to make-"

"I meant about the haunting and killing."

"Oh, I-Its going."

Mephostopholies gave me a confused look but continued on. "Just as long as he gets around to kicking the bucket. Later kid." and with a quick poof of smoke, he was gone. I heard the door open and whipped myself around. "Good-by Jonathan. See you soon." said a girl, leaving John's house. "Good-by holly." i heard Jonathan say after in a monotone voice. The girl turned around and walked to her car, inevitable, walking through me. I felt a sharp pain surge through my chest when she walked by. What was that. Who is that? I randomly felt compelled to go inside John's house. "Well i can't just barge right in there, its his personal space. I mean, I'm supposed to haunt him but does that entitle me to his home?" I began thinking out loud. "Sock? are you still out there?" I heard John say. there was a couple of light thumps before the familiar shaggy haired blond appeared at the door. "You're a ghos- Demon, so you can just float pas the walls. Why are you standing out here?" I didn't know what to do so I asked if i could play on his X-Box with him. "Sure," he said, propping open the door. "I'm playing grand theft auto V right now. If you give me a minute  I can set up the second controller." I sat on the couch and waited as John hooked up the second controller. He got it to work and handed me the controller  I went to grab it but it fell through my lap. John laughed and i picked it up. "The main point of the game is to avoid the cops and do as much damage as possible." I nodded in understanding and began playing. Before i had relised it, a few hours rolled around and the lady from before came back. "Hi Jonathan, did you miss me?" she said holding two full grocrie bags. "Sure." John said, barley acknowledged the lady. "Who's that?" i asked him after i was able to muster up some courage. "That's my step mom, Holly. Judging by the time, we'd better pack up and get to bed, or-er, do you even sleep?" I went to answer but Holly cut in. "Who are you talking to Jonathan?" He looked speechless, but soon made an excuse. "I-Its an imaginary friend. Our-er, My scycology teacher told us that its perfectly normal and even healthy to have one." A cheesy smile slipped past his face as he walked up the stairs to his room. Like a lost puppy, I followed him. He made a turn but I didn't see which room he entered  so i began pop-ing my head into random doors. Bedroom, closet, bathroom, Johnathan where are you? I stuck my head in the door farthest down the hall way only to see John, his back to me, taking off his shirt. I panicked and fell back wards, but before i know it, holly was acceding the stairs looking for John. I dint know what to do, so when she walked past me I yelled, "Jonathan put on a shirt!" The door opened at holly's hand to see a mumbling John in a white wife beater. "What the hell sock how di- oh, hi holly." he said as his expression imediatley changed. "Is this Sock your imaginary friend?" she asked, obviously looking like she was straining to be optimistic. "well, what ever it is, don't forget to take out the trash tomorrow. Goodnight honey. She closed the door with a soft click and soon it was john and me staring at each other in the darkness. He flopped down on his bed and looked up to the ceiling  do you need me to pull out an air mattress or something?" I stood there, confused for a moment, but then realized what he was talking about. "uh- No, its fine. I do't sleep. I only haunt." I said with a chipper tone. "Suit yourself." he said, wrapping himself in his blankets. After what felt to be minutes  Jonathan was fast asleep. I watched as his chest slowly  but consistently rose and fell. Up... Down... Up... Down... I soon found myself with my head on the side of his bed, looking at him. "He he, John, you look so adorable, an helpless. I mean someone could come in here right now and kill you and it wouldn't take more than an ounce of effort." I said. I soon began rambling on to John, imagining that he was actually listening. After a while, i decided to end my small rant. I stood up to leave but froze. I ran back over to Jonathan's bed on more time. "Good night, and don't forget to kill yourself." this small pattern went on for a few days.  John would fall asleep, i would rant to him, then i would repeat those words. Good night, and don't forget to kill yourself. Slowly but surely  I began seeing results. Every day, Jonathan became more depressed.