Chapter 12

It was Monday and Ella was once again irritated. David had texted her the rest of the weekend but, he hadn't asked to see her again. She thought after all that time they spent together on Saturday that he would be begging to see her again. That wasn't the case at all and now she felt stupid for kissing him.

David leaned against ella's locker and smiled at her. "Hey."

"Hi," she grumbled.

"You're mad at me again? What did I do this time?"

"Nothing," she said, slamming her locker shut.

He groaned and followed after her. They were quiet until they reached her classroom door. She spun around and glared at him.

"Maybe I'll see you later. Who knows?"

David grabbed her hand. "Seriously, what is it this time?"

"Well," said Ella, biting her lip. "You kissed me and then didn't even bother seeing if I wanted to hang out. I thought maybe..."

"Oh Ella." He ran his knuckles down her cheek. "I would hang out with you twenty-four - seven if I could."

She blushed and looked down. "So why don't you?" She whispered.

"Because I had to help my dad at the store on Sunday." He lifted her head up with his fingers and smiled. "I promise that if you still want to hang out with me after Friday then I'm yours."

Ella had forgotten that his dad owned a hunting shop. They sold a lot of fishing gear, camping supplies, and other things she had no clue what they were for. Like deer pee. David said it was necessary but, no amount of deer pee would ever be necessary for her.

"Good," she answered. "Then you're mine all weekend."

He dropped his hand and raised an eyebrow. "That confident already that our talk will go well?"

"Unless you like guys."

David blinked a few times before laughing out loud. It was the first time Ella had seen him so happy and carefree. His boyish good looks really came out when he wasn't worrying about something.

A few people in the hallway stared and hurried past them as they whispered to their friends. That seemed to be a common occurrence lately. it was like speaking to David was a rare phenomenon that no one expected.

David calmed down and rested his hands on her hips. He looked down at her, his eyes glowing.

"I think I proved that I very much like girls." He paused and moved her hair behind her ear. "Well, just one girl."

She could feel her cheeks heating up again. Curse her white skin and how easy it showed her blushing!

Ella chuckled nervously. "I guess so. class starts soon so I'll see you later."

She ducked out of his grasp and didn't look back as she walked into the classroom. Ella knew he was watching her though. She could always feel when his eyes were on her.

Once she sat down she allowed herself a peek at the door. He was gone and the overwhelming disappointment washed over her. It was actually a huge shock and she couldn't believe that someone could have that affect on her.

who knew that the boy who lived next door would turn out to be the one that drove her crazy. Now all she had to do was make it through their conversation and then he was hers. Just thinking that made her heart skip a beat. Not even the threat of her friendship with Paula ending could upset her right now.

Ella sat through her next few classes in a daze. She was excited to see David at lunch. Like usual the cafeteria was packed but, she spotted him instantly. Standing next to him was Ash. Paula was no where to be seen.