strange boy

I ran along the sidewalk laughing. I was running from the police, I had stolen some candy bars. You cant really blame me, i'm a kleptomaniac. I'm also a mutant. I like to think i'm fairly special, seeing as I have super speed, control over the elements, and i'm part cat!(including ears that pop up out of no where, along with a tail, and my strange yellow eyes) My name is Crystal, but I go by Crys (pronounced Chris)  I rounded the corner and as I looked back to see if I lost them, I ran smack dap into someones chest. Grumbling from the ground, I looked up at the guy, gave him a glare, picked up my stuff, and bolted out of there. I arrived home and went up to my room in the attic. I had piles of stolen items ranging from candy, to vinyl disks, to arcade games and TV's. I placed my candy down and played some pink Floyd. I plopped down on my bed and gave a sigh.I felt my ears and tail pop out and i stretched.I have to go to a new school, I got quite scared last time and my ears popped out scaring a few people.I was already called a freak because of my pitch black hair and yellow cat-like eyes.Oh well though, I got used to it. My thought drifted to the strange boy i ran into, but i dismissed them. I skipped dinner and fell into a troubled sleep.

*dream*

I skipped home from the park in my little 6 year old body. I was wearing a cute little sun dress and a flower crown with no shoes on. I walked through the doors to see my mother and brother crying. I was confused but I brushed it off. Skipping up to my mom I held out a bouquet of flowers.

"mommy! I made you this!" I said in a cute little voice. She looked up at me with hate in her eyes. I was shocked.

"You! Your just like your father! A monster! A mistake!" she yelled at me and slapped me across my face. I had tears in my eyes but I kept my mouth shut. I had no clue why she was yelling. I knew I had powers, but I din't realize it was bad, daddy said they were unique. She hit me again, and my brother cursed at me.

"Go to your room! Now!" she yelled. I ran upstairs to my room. I feel to my knees and sobbed my little heart out. I heard foot steps come up and the door slammed open and I saw my mom. She had a knife in her hands and she walked forwards.I cried harder and backed away.

"your the reason he's dead! Its because of YOU!" she yelled and lunged at me. I screamed and waited for impact and as the knife dug into my chest-

I woke up with a start. I was covered in sweat and tears were streaming down my face. I looked at my clock and saw that it was 5 in the morning. I shakily got out of bed and took a shower. I always kept my memories locked up, but they seem to leak out into my dreams. I dried off and got a change of clothes. By now it was 5:45 so I got some tea and a candy bar and put it in a bottle for school. I went down stairs and saw my Mom and my brother chatting. My brother( who's name is Bryan) glared at me with all the hate in the world. I looked away and got 2 apples. One for school, the other for breakfast. We don't have a lot of money, so I try to eat the minimal amount of food I can so my mom doesn't get mad. I zoomed out the door but came to a stop as i realized  I didn't want to bring attention to myself. I strolled down the sidewalk eating my apple and humming Time In A Bottle till I got to school.

I got my schedule and walked to my first class, math. I got through all my classes leading to lunch. I did hear whispers like 

"she's so freaky, like those stupid twins" or "is that a guy? oh wait I think that's a girl..."

I was used to that so I didn't really care. I walked into the lunch room and sat at a table in the back. I pulled out my sketchbook, apple, tea, and candy, and began drawing. I heard the click of heels and looked up to see 3 cheerleaders and their jock boyfriends.

"hiiiii! i'm Marci, and this is Britney, and Clair!" the leader of the group said. I just stared at them then resumed my drawing. I heard a gasp and my sketchbook flew out of my hands.

"Hey freak! You listen when I talk to you!" she said. I flinched, but kept a blank face and picked my book back up. I could tell she got mad, and she pulled me up by my jacket and threw my on the ground. I again flinched, but didn't fight back. They walked away and the crowd that formed, dispersed. I sat up and looked at the ground, my hair covering my face. A hand appeared in my line of vision holding my sketch book. I glanced up to see the strange boy with silver hair. He had a goofy smile, that almost made me smile back. I just settled on taking my sketchbook.

"thanks..." I mumbled and got up. I got back into my seat and he sat in front of me.

"i'm Peter! Peter Maximoff! Who are you?" he said. I looked up at him.

" Crystal, but you can call me Crys." I told him. The bell rang and I quickly walked off to class, not bothering to look back at Peter.

*time skip- Gym*

I got changed in to my gym clothes. I heard we were doing track today. Because of my super speed, I don't really mind sports. My favorite though, was track. I walked out and saw Peter warming up, and getting all excited. I smirked and got ready at the starting line with everyone else. The teacher blew the whistle, and we all took off. Me and Peter at the front. We were about 30 feet a head of everyone else, and to say we were both shocked.

"h-how are you as fast as me?" Peter asked.He stared at me, and I kept a black face.

"uh...training" I stated simply. He doesn't need to know.

We finished ahead of everyone and I went to change out of my clothes. This was my last period, so I got to go home next. Yay. Note the sarcasm. I walked out of the locker rooms drinking tea, and trying to avoid Peter. I'm not in the mood for questions.

The bell finally rang and after everyone was gone, I ran all the way home in a blur.

'wasn't today interesting?' I though to my self as I drifted of to sleep.