Chapter 5

She was beautiful sleeping and I was prideful in providing for her. Time is of no essence now we only count my moons and rarely we do. We hardly count the days passing it's useless when it's only another sun rising day of living.

She was starting to get round and would waddle some when she did get up to move around. It was time for me to bring her home. I picked her up with no complaints. She was already tired even though she hasn't done much.

She hung in my jaw heavily with her pups but I didn't mind. Trotting with her I headed back to the territory of my pack. She swung underneath me eyes lazily looking ahead not really aware of her surroundings.

Heading to the opening I ducked down and though. Wolves came out of there send when they smelt me and my mate she just looked blearily at them while they looked curious. Heading to my den I walked in setting her onto the moss covered floor.

She just rested there looking at me as I lick her face. I went out into the clearing and the pack starts howling and I join as they slowly lower there howls and submit to me. My father does the same for the lineage can continue on to the next pup.

I turn back into the cave and see my beautiful mate asleep on the floor, now would be the time to round up some females to help me find soft materials. All animal pelts would now be skinned before anyone eats it. They would go to my mate to keep her warm and her relaxed on soft ground with our pups.

I wanted to get a pile of preferably feathers to layer between and the softest pelts would be on top. Other soft things are nice but I would prefer feathers and some more moss.

We find a few feathers but we have to hunt for birds to get more. All in all its a win win when we catch several. The pack can get the meat and my mate and pups can get the feathers.

When we returned my mate was still asleep. They brought the birds and quickly plucked the feathers off. Leaving only one big bird they left with the rest of the meat.

I let her sleep a little longer before I butted her with my head to wake up. She whined and turned over to best of her ability. I butted her again and her eyes opened and she placed her paw over her eyes. I bit into the meat and split the bird giving her more I bugged it I front of her nose. Her stomach growled and she sighed. She took a bite and chewed and on she eats until she eats her full portion. Rolling back over she puts her paw over her eyes.

I started moving the feathers to the second room of the cave. This would protect her most from the winter cold for it would soon be setting in. I place the feathers down enough for herself and some pups. The rest would be put aside when the pelts came in and start layering.

I heard some of my wolves howl in the saying of a hunt came in. I headed outside a male was about to bite into the meat when I growled. I bared my teeth to make him submit no wolf touches it in till I get the pelt. I nodded to the females and they started to peal the pelt off they where only allowed to eat right now what they where trying to remove the pelt from.

They gave me the deer pelt and I griped it in my teeth I dragged it back to the cave and settled it on the feathers I sprinkled the rest of the feathers on top. Grabbing my mates scruff, already asleep, I set her on her new bed that would soon build up in warmth and comfort. For now I would sleep with her in the warmth till she has enough layers and the pups are born.