Chapter 3- Leather Jacket

Start from the beginning

"Because you'll freeze to death if you go out there like that," he getutred his head towrds my clothes," and I'm here all morning so I won't be cold since I'll be inside."

Before I could say anything else Maddox let go of my wrist and turned around, walking away.

"Thank you!" I called after him. I'm not quite sure if he heard me since he didn't turn around or anything but oh well!

Suddenly, like a bucket of ice cold water, I finally registered the shocked students all around me. Some were alrady texting or whispering to their friends. Judging.

I wanted the ground to swallow me up, not only so that I can run away from the parying eyes but also the judging. I'm sure that already some kind of gossip has spread.

Turning to Charity I slip my arms through the sleeves of the jacket. Instently, warmth fooled me.

Shaking the feeling off I grapped Charitys wrist and started to pull her towards the door.

"Come on." I whispered.

Pushing the door open we stepped into the chilly weather.

"You have a lot of explaining to do young lady!" Charity said with a rasied eyebrow.

Signing, I let go off Charity's wrist and started walking towards the History/Geography buliding, "yeah, yeah I will tell you later."

**********************************

I watched as the tree branches a swinged from side to side as the wind blow furiously.

The class was silent and the only thing you could hear was pens gliding across the paper. We were doing a Spanish test and it was already five minutes till the bell. I have just finshed and 'decided' to zone out.

Really I just zoned out without noticing.

I stared to play with the zip of Maddox's leather jacket with the tip of my fingers that were peaking out from the sleeves since the jacket is so big on me. The whole History lesson peolpe would glance my way in qusetion, the same as in Spanish however I ignored them.

I already knew some kind of gossip has spread around the school but yet again I ignored it. I don't want to listen to how peolpe spend their spear time making up lies.

When the bell finally rang, I went out of the classroom and waited in the nearly full hallway waiting for Charity.

While waiting, I played with the smooth leather of the jacket while inhaling the unique sent it gave off.

Rain and dark chocalte.

"Heya, ready to go?" Charity asked when she finally showed up.

"Yep" I answered popping the 'p'.

We started walking towards the caffertira, moving out of the way of some of the rushing students.

"So can I now know why Mr. Dark and mysterious gave you his leather jacket and how you know him in the first palce?" Charity asked.

I signed, knowing I had to tell the story to my best friend. It's not that I want to hide it or not tell her but... just see yourself.

"Ok, so I don't know him I just bumed into him this morning in the hallway when-" I got cut off by Charity and her babaling.

"OMG!!!! Just like on these clique and romantic movies! Where you drop something, he passes it to you and then you look into each other's eyes and just know it's love at first sight!" She sqealed.

Now you know why I didn't really wanted tell her?

Signing, I shook my head at her and her dreamed gaze, "Firstly, you know love at first sight dosen't exist it's just attraction at first sight," I never really believed in love at first sight beacuse what if your not 'beautiful' or 'pretty'? Does it mean no one will love you? Exactly, yoy will be loved no matter what. Love at first sight dosen't exist beacuse love blooms and it's not just there,also it's not always about pretty. "And secondly I just said sorry and got in my way so stop daydreaming Charity." I said when we finally reached the caffertira.

Opening the door my eyes searched for a spear table however instead of a table I spotted the owner of the leather jacket.

Suddenly, I remebered what he said when he gave me his jacket, "and I'm here all morning so I won't be cold since I'll be inside."

"Charity, come with me to Maddox for a minute please" I asked Charity which in return she looked at me as if I have grown two heads or said I don't like nutella.

"What?! Why?!"

Rolling my eyes I signed at my friend, "Beacuse I need to give him his jacket back," seeing that she was about to comment something I beat her to it, "he said he's inside all morning which dosen't mean he's inside all day and besides I will forget to give it to him at the end of the day so it's a win-win."

Taking off the jacket instently cold pinched my pale skin and I missed the unique sent that seemed to linger on the coat.

Walking nervoulsly to the table where Liam, Jacob and Maddox where sitting I willed myself not to sutter.

The reason why I need Charity with me is beacuse I know that no matter where or with who she will help me if I sutter or suddenly lose confidence.

All the boys looked up at us when we finally reached their table. Question was as clear as day in their eyes and I willed myself not to sutter.

"Yes?" Asked Liam rasing a eyebrow.

"Em,I-I wanted to give Maddox back his jacket" Mentally I was patting my back for not suttering....kind of.

The boys looked at me weirdly, as if not understanding.

"Buy why?" Jacobs deep voice asked.

"Em, beacuse he said he will be inside all morning meaning he'll may be out in the afternoon. Also, at the end of the day I might forget to give it back. And it is his, so em yeah." I was proud of myself for not suttering.

"Very observant" Commented Maddox.

"Yeah, em, I guess," holding out the jacket towards Maddox I let him grap the jacket out of my small hands, "em, here... thank you"

"Your welcome" came his replie, he looked as if he wanted to say more but before he could I was dragged away from their table by Charity muttering something about getting pizza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!!!!! AM I BLIND OR DID I ACTUALLY REACH 100 READS!?!?!?!!?

E-llo!

I'm updating early because I love you all!

So did you like the chapter? Do you love Maddox yet?

This chapter is way longer then I inttended it to be but oh well! It's about 1720 something words which is a lot for me.

Can I just say thank you so so so so much for reading this story! When I saw that I got 100 reads I was so happy and it's all beacuse of you! Thank you so much! (I never even thought that it will get that many!)

The picture is Whisper's clothes!

Vote
Comment
Follow
And give me your jacket! (But serisoly it's cold!)

-HiddenKnight