ch 15

I was surrounded by various flowers.

My fingers couldn't feel the soft petals but their sent filled my nose. The cool summer breeze surrounded me and yet I never felt the sun touch my skin. It was at this moment, I realized I was dreaming. I was surrounded by nothing but sight and the only reason I could smell my surrounding was because of the stuff the maids had washed me with.

It was a nice calm and peaceful dream… until moray ruined it.

“Oi! Wake up! What is that- why do ye smell of-“ I didn’t let him finish before chucking a velvety cushion at him blindly.

“ohhhh shut it.” I muttered as I tried to go back to the field of wildflowers.

“Comm’on! They are waiting!” he complained as his voice became closer and his footsteps became louder against the stone floors. I would have opened my mouth and gave him some witty retort but I was too comfortable to move from my position and give him a piece of my mind.

The bed beside me dipped down causing me to slide slightly towards him. Moray let out a long sigh then started to stroke my golden hair… not sweet like any girl would imagine but ruff and energetic like a hunter would reward his dog. It really wasn’t even stroking it was more of a ruffling motion that was anything but affectionate.

“Moray!” I exclaimed as I swatted at his hand in anger. When he fluidly dodged my swats, I settled for shoving him off the soft mattress.

Like a rock, he hit the ground with a loud bang shortly followed by an ‘oomph’ and then a few painful moaning sounds. I carefully and cautiously looked over the side of the bed to see moray flat on the ground barley moving.

A wave of panic washes over me but it was quickly doused with hope. This could be my big chance of getting out of here. I leaned over the side of the bed more to further inspect any damage that would slow him down when I ran off but his eyes snapped open and his arms reached out and pulled me off the bed. “Ye big faker!” I yelled as I tried to wriggle out of his tight grasp.

Moray had wrapped his arms tightly around my body and chuckled as I fought against him in vain. “Now, now, little flame. That wasn’t very friendly. Ye didn’t even say ye were sorry!”

“It would have been a waist! Ye don’t deserve my apology ye… ye-“I was too busy struggling in his tight grip to focused on my witty remarks and insults.

I squeezed my eyes shut and thrashed around like a fish out of water. “Let me go!” I yelled.

Moray, probably enjoying torturing me, made a ‘tisking’ noise as he tightened his grip further straining my movements. “Not until ye say sorry and tell me what an amazing Flame I am.”

“Never” I stubbornly proclaimed as I tried to fight my way out of his iron grip. “Ye aren’t gonna win this time!”

And that’s when he did the unforgivable… after those words left my lips, the tickling started. He quickly flipped me over so that I was caged in between him and the wall. Morays fingers wiggled up and down my sides letting loose waves laughter from the feathery shivers that run up and down my sides.

Trough hysterical laughter, I managed to get out, “I thought- I thought- we- we needed to- ye parents!”

“Ye are right, they can wait. Now say it!” he said with a smirk interlaced in his voice.

The Moray here and the Moray that I was in the woods with were two different people. There was no way these two impulsive men were the same person. Just as I was about to scream for help, a gruff voice was cleared from behind us. Though ‘Moray’ had his back turned towards the man, his face visibly paled. I leaned over to get a look of the intimidating figure behind us to find a proper looking man with white hair next to an older woman with fiery red hair who had a kind smile on. Her ruby locks were streaked with a pale white and blond giving her an elderly appearance.