Chapter 9: The party

Lucy's Pov:
After the female dragons finished getting me ready for the party, I head down the stairs to the ballroom... I'm really nervous...I don't know how many people my dad invited....'just breathe Lucy...it's just a party, what could go wrong?' but boy was I wrong...
~Time skip to the ballroom~
??? Pov:
My dad called me to come to some party or something, I didn't want to go. But he made me! I will get him back for making come to a party!
Lucy's Pov:
I finally got down to the ballroom, I pushed open the huge doors and walked in. All I heard were wolf whistles! Damn you dad! I just blushed and walked over to my dad. " you look just like your mother..."  "thank you....it was like hell, getting ready!" I said while laughing. "Lucy, I would like you to meet someone...Lucy, meet Rouge Cheney, foster son of Skiadrum." my father said gesturing to the tall man standing in front of me. He held out his hand for me to take, "Rouge Cheney, its a pleasure to meet you" he said while kissing the top of my hand. I blushed, my father gave Rouge a death glare. He backed away from me and back to the crowd of people. "He seems.....friendly!" I said smiling and holding onto the feeling of his warm lips on my skin. "A little to friendly...." Father said crossing his arms. We just looked at each other and laughed. Its been a while since I've seen Father laugh....I've missed his sweet husky laugh...my father tapped my shoulder, and then I noticed what was playing, it was a song that mother used to play to send me to sleep....I turned to my father holding out his hand to lead me to the dance floor, I gladly accepted. We swayed back and forth to the sweet music provied by the orchestra...once the song ended I head over to the refreshment table to get something to drink. I was starting to talk with the other guest when out of the corner of my eye....I saw salmon pink hair I will never forget....