(22) The Post-It Note Girl

So I guess I'll be a loner at prom. Again. I picked out my dress for prom. It was a light pink dress with sequins on the top. I wasn't in the mood for prom. I'm tired just of everything. I hate the feeling of falling in love. You waste all your time dreaming of that perfect guy, but you realize that he doesn't like you back.

Ugh, I'm is so annoying.

(Beep)

I got a text message from James saying: "See you tonight! :D"

Oh god.

Why?

He'll be dancing with that Clarissa girl, and I'll just be that awkward girl standing over there. I got ready. Curled my hair and did a black smokey eye but not making it too dramatic. I then did one last check in the mirror before heading out. I got to admit, I actually kind of look nice right now.

My brown curled hair falling off my shoulders and my makeup was on point. Like damn I should be a makeup artist. I laughed at that thought as I examined my eyeliner, and light pink lips. Then I grabbed my black jeweled purse hanging from my chair and walked out the door.

~~~~~

I arrived at the place the prom was held at and like the anti-social person I was, I just stood there. I looked around and I mean everyone has a date. Everyone was slow dancing, eating some food, taking pictures, laughing. And me?

I had no one, so I couldn't do those things.

I just went outside into the gym and sat on one of the bleachers. I actually can't believe I went to this thing. James literally forced me to go because he wanted me to meet Clarissa, but that was the only reason I went.

Wow. 5 minutes into prom and I'm already sitting at the gym alone. Prom is always boring and depressing for me, knowing the guy I was falling for already had a date.

Footsteps interrupted my thoughts and I saw James standing next to the door as he began walking towards me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I didn't see Clarissa next to him though.

"How'd you find me here?" I said as I stood up and walked towards him. I felt his eyes look down and up my body, making me feel weak.

"I figured. Now answer my question." he snapped.

"I-I'm just not in the mood for prom. It's stupid... I mean I don't even have a date." I huffed as I walked back and sat on the bleachers again. Letting out a dramatic sigh.

"You wanna talk about it?" he asked sitting next to me.

I could smell his cologne, and he looked beautiful in that plain black tux. His hair was gelled up, and god, he was everything I wanted..

but couldn't have.

"No, I'm fine. Where's Clarissa?" I suddenly asked.

"She's not here." he simply said.

"Why? I thought she was your date?"

"She's not real."

"Wai- What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat as he began to smirk "Well I made her up, because.." he stopped then pulled the top of my dress towards him so I crashed against his chest, his face inching closer and closer as he spoke,

"because I have this, well, stupid crush, on this girl who falls on top of me 3 times a day, this girl who wakes me up in the morning by throwing a pillow at me, and I absolutely hate how she makes me feel alive. If you haven't guessed by now because you're a cute dumb ass its you, by the way." he said pointing at me, and smiling cheekily his eyes look squinted.