Chapter 4 - beautiful, beautiful Kylie

"Kylie shush" I say as I rub my thumb over her now plump lips. "My baby's fine, so are you" I giggle, indicating my car was my baby. I entertwine our fingers and walk into the house.

"What was that?" I say irrationally, throwing my hand out of his. "That kiss Justin, what was it?" "My bad, Jenner. I presumed you had liked it; you had kissed me back, had you not?" Justin was right, I did like it but i barely know this boy? Sure he's fine but its been less than 48 hours. "I had kissed you back, yes but it's barely been 2 days Justin. Can we just — can we please just go inside and talk?"

**
Justin's POV

While Kylie is upstairs taking a shower I make coffee. She comes downstairs with clean clothes and her hair wet, we take our coffee to the living room and sit side by side on the sofa. I have a thousand questions, but I don't want to force things.
I'm happy to wait.

"I have no idea what you must think of me." She says.
"Apart from the fact that you're insanely beautiful with a great personality?"
"But from what I told you about my family, and the way I have just barged into your life after you basically just picking me up of the street." She says.
"I want to thank you by the way... For having me here and taking care of me; I honestly don't know where I would be if you hadn't."
"Kylie, if I had not told you this once before, I may just have to say it again. You apologise too much. It's completely fine, I have enjoyed having you and besides, you keep me company."

⠀⠀"Did you ... I mean ... the kiss ... did you—"
"Did I like it?" She nods. "I must've, I kissed back hadn't I Bieber" she smirks but her smirk ends in a genuine smile.
"Yes Ms Jenner" I say. "And I'm pretty certain on that one."
I wait for her to reply.
"So what does this mean — like for us. Where does that leave us?"
I exhale and run my fingers through my hair. "I mean, I don't know. I liked it, I feel as though I like you Kylie"
"And I too, feel the same Justin."
"Although, you've been here for less then a week. I mean it's not really practical to get into a relationship right now, am I right?"
I take a glimpse up at Kylie, she hangs her head in disappointment. "You know what, you're right. I mean we barely know anything about eachother" she mumbles

I'm about to bring up her family, it seems a good time to find out exactly what's going on. But she leans closer, talks in a rush.
"Please just hear me out" she says. "I don't know how long I'm going to be here for, and I really hope you don't mind; if you mind I want you to speak up the minute the thought comes to your head Justin. But I like being here. And if you didn't mind, I would like it if you had me here for longer. Unless of course, you had something else in mind, but I do suggest you start talking now before I continue to blab-"
"Kylie! It's fine, it's all fine"

"I'm sorry, I have a habit to talk a lot, I guess as an anxiety thing. Sometimes I'm so full of it, so wound up inside. I have this overwhelming fear that people will see inside me and see that I'm afraid, and they'll despise me for it. For being so gutless, such a stupid fool. Such a scaredy-cat"
"But what are you afraid of?"
"Nothing. Everything. I'm scared of being scared, I guess. If that makes sense."
A bit. It's starting to."
Overcome with gratitude, I surprise myself with kissing her without even thinking about it. I lean over and press my lips against hers.
⠀⠀She doesn't blush or go awkward or turn away. Instead she looks right at me and smiles, and I don't care about her family or her past. All I can think about is: beautiful, beautiful Kylie.

**

Justin makes an enormous pot of pasta and they eat in the kitchen. She sucks up her spaghetti unselfconsciously and laughs as Justin tells funny stories about the time he worked in a restaurant: impossible customers, cooking disasters, bratty staff members storming out in the middle of a busy night.
When they've finished eating they leave the mess in the kitchen and go into the living room. They share a bottle of champagne. They both become loose-limbed and talkative, and move closer on the sofa, until their shoulders brush and there thighs press together and their hands touch in a deliberate, lingering way.