Chapter 14 - "It's Official."

Depuis le début

Ouch. Why is it hurting so much?

'Because we were injured in the attack,' I'd tried to convince myself but failed miserably.

"Alright." I'd said, trying to keep the rejected feeling out of my voice as much as possible. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the last conversation we'd had. If you could even call it that.

❀ ❀ ❀

The following two days, Dr. Rosaline had ordered me and Seneca to be in complete rest and refrain from going to 'places'; which included School. It's funny because all I had was a few claw marks across my chest—and those were shallow—and I had to rest 2 days and Seneca had almost a part of her neck and shoulder bitten off and she had to rest two days as well.

When I'd asked this to Dr. Rosaline, her wrinkled face had pulled into a small smile.

"She's powerful enough to heal in two days, Aleph."

Again, Translation: You're weak. She's not.

I'd nodded in response and escaped to the confines of my luxurious room, feeling extremely down.

On Tuesday morning's training session—first time I'd ever skipped school—Beta Ezra had smiled in satisfaction when we'd wrapped up for the day. And, oh, If you're wondering, yes, Beta Ezra had sneaked out of his Hospital room to train me. He'd said and I quote, "I'd die of boredom if I stay in there one more minute. And if I die, who'll torment my Alpha?"

I'd just smiled back with a shake of my head.

"What are you smiling for, Beta?" I'd asked, my eyebrows shooting up.

"You're getting strong and we'd barely had half a week of training." He'd informed me and it's safe to say that had been the only good part of my day.

"Really?" I'd asked, dubious.

"Are you kidding, Aleph boy?" Beta Ezra had vociferated, "Did you forget that growl?"

"Growl?" I'd repeated, not getting where he was going with this.

"Yes! The one that made all of us submit!" He'd spread his hands, exclaiming.

"What...? I—" Then it had struck me, "That's why all of you were bowing down?!" I'd exclaimed back, completely stupefied.

"Why else?" Beta Ezra'd grinned, placing his hands on his hips. Was he telling what I'm thinking he's telling?

"Y-you mean, that it was because of me?!" I'd cried out and his answering grin had told me that he was 100% serious.

He hadn't been lying...

"Thanks to me. I know, I'm the best teacher." He'd grinned salaciously and had thrown me a wink before he'd grabbed his discarded shirt and had left me hanging.

After that, I'd attempted to visit Seneca twice, taking the short five minute walk from The Mansion to the Pack Hospital—I wasn't compelled to stay in the Hospital since my injuries weren't lethal—and the both times had been a disappointment, because the nurses had told me that the Alpha had ordered them to not let anyone in—including her Mate.

Hurtful, I know.

So, yeah. That's what happened.

Two days later, On Thursday morning, here I am, dressed up and ready to go back to school.

And Seneca is yet to say something to me.

I feel a strong sense of déjà vu as I sit on the breakfast table, staring at the bowl of cereal placed before me.