Showcase Seeing and Life Changing

Beginne am Anfang

At that very disgusting description, Wasabi pretends to gag (I think) and I can only stare at Fred in repulsion. Tadashi, on the other hand, says, 'Wow. That is both disgusting and awesome.'

'Don't encourage him,' I reprimand Tadashi for that stupidity. Really, though, that was gross.

Fred moves his head in a smart-alecky way and replies, 'It's called "recycling"'.

Just as I was about to answer, an announcer over the intercom declares, 'Next presenter, Hiro Hamada.'

I shrug my shoulders at Hiro and Honey Lemon whips out her phone while Fred chuckles pumped-uppedly and exclaims, 'Oh, yeah. This is it.'

'I guess I'm up,' Hiro answers, looking pretty nervous.

Honey Lemon hops around us excitedly and says, 'Okay, photo, photo! Everybody say, "Hiro!"' - We gather around and cry, 'Hiro!' - 'We love you, Hiro. Good luck!'

'Don't mess it up,' I joke around while taking my assigned trash can and pushing it away.

Wasabi says something encouraging (I don't really care) and Fred shouts as he pushes his trash can away, 'Science, YEAH!'

I drag my trash can to the opposite end of the hall and make sure it's aligned with the rest of them. Honey Lemon rushes over to me as soon as her trash can is placed and gushes, 'I really hope Hiro's going to get in! He will get in!'

I nod in agreement. 'He will. It's good.'

Waiting for the practically non-existent crowd by the presentation stage to magically appear, Honey Lemon gasps in "shock". 'You don't find Hiro annoying. That's a first.'

I huff as an answer and she continues, 'Is it only because of Tadashi?'

'No,' I hear myself saying without processing it. 'It's something else. Probably something stupid.'

Before Honey Lemon can drag other information out of me, Aunt Cass rushes over to us and gives us an unexpected hug, almost crushing us both. 'I can't wait to watch my little nephew!'

'He's going to do great, Aunt Cass,' Honey Lemon comments, rubbing her arm lightly from the hug.

I see a nervous Hiro step onto the stage with a microphone and clears his throat. Aunt Cass, Honey Lemon and I become still, and the guys do too as they make their way towards us.

'Uh, hi,' Hiro begins, his voice shaking from the nerves. 'My name's Hiro, Hir-', and before he can go any further, the microphone responded with feedback, making everyone near the stage cringe.

'Sorry,' he stammers, and I'm wondering, Was I that bad? Probably not. He struggles to continue, and Hiro resumes, 'My name is Hiro Hamada, and I've been working on something that I think is pretty cool.' He starts to look in his pockets and puts on his neural transmitter. 'I hope you like it.'

'This,' Hiro announces with a flourish, holding his microbot. 'Is a microbot.'

Everyone waits expectantly for something spectacular to happen, but nothing does, yet, so one idiot walks away and I stare him down in mild annoyance while folding my arms. But seriously, the kid is nervous, of course something like this will happen.

Hiro takes a deep breath and says, 'It doesn't look like much, but when it links up with the rest of its pals...'

Our group hear the trashcans fall over with the force of the microbots, and the result of the other visitors gasping in confusion as they try to avoid the little machines. 'Things get a little more interesting,' Hiro finishes as he lets go of his microbot and it joins the rest of them, rippling the structure. More people walk towards the stage, and we move closer to get a better look.