Chapter 2

Disclaimer: The picture is what I imagined Jaycob to look like.

•••••••

Chapter 2

"I feel so bad." my grandmother pouted whilst we all sat down at the table for breakfast. Our grandpa was long gone for work now so we didn't get the chance to see him when we finally reached the house early this morning; but luckily grandma was up and about. She was mighty shocked when we turned up on her doorstep looking like an exhausted mess. The entire morning she's been apologising to us about having let us to walk into town on our own.

"If I just charged that damn cell phone then I would have gotten your calls on time. I would've been there to pick you up on time." my grandmother babbled on with a sad tone as she packed our plates full of food that I had been craving all night long, but now that it was in front of me I just couldn't bring myself to eat any of it. Those damn wolves stole my appetite!

"It's alright, Gram." I gave her a reassuring smile as I pushed my plate away from me. "We didn't have any problems coming into town, it was just...more convenient for us to walk here anyways." I shrugged my shoulders, avoiding my brother's heated gaze. I could already tell what he was thinking. He wanted to know why I wasn't telling her about the wolves last night.

"We're just lucky this is a small town. We asked the first person we saw if they knew where you lived. They pointed us in the direction of your house."

"I'll be sure to find out who that person was!" Grammy paused and bit her lip, "...maybe Ill bake them a nice pumpkin pie," she said more to herself rather than us as she abruptly got up from the table and started rummaging through the cupboards. "Ah, I don't have the proper ingredients. I'll have to go to the store."

"I can do it, if you like?" I suggested with a smile on my face as I got up from the table. "I mean, it'll save you the trouble....Jaycob and I could go. We want to do some sightseeing anyways so we can do it for you."

"Oh honey I don't want to trouble you." Grammy said with an uncertain expression. I could tell that this would be easier for her but she just didn't want to force us to do her chores.

"No trouble at all." I smiled sweetly. Truth be told I just wanted the car for the day....but I wasn't going to tell her that. "It's no hassle, trust me." I said as I said back down at the table, across from Jaycob. "Jaycob and I can pick up some ingredients and drive around town...we need to get used to this place anyways." I laughed a little, making Grammy smile sweetly.

"Oh honey, you're an angel! An Angel!" Grammy pinched the side of my cheeks with a genuine smile on her face. I grinned sweetly as she moved around the kitchen, writing a list of every ingredient she needed.

"More like the devil!" Jaycob said under his breath as he sat opposite me. I quickly kicked him under the table and turned to Grammy with a sweet smile as she handed over the shopping list, along with the car keys. I could feel Jaycob glaring at me, but I paid him no mind. I kept on the innocent act in front of Grammy. We both did it. We didn't want to fight in front of her, we knew how it made her feel. She hated people fighting. She hated violence all together actually.

"Come on Jay, go get dressed." I finally turned to Jaycob when Grammy was preoccupied with cooking up some more food for us to eat. I don't know how she expects us to eat all this food. "I don't want to go!" Jaycob leaned across the table, talking through clenched teeth in the hopes that Grammy didn't hear him complaining. "I'm tired Em, I just wanna sleep." he whined, making me roll my eyes and nod my head towards the door.