Chapter 5

"Shayley! Shayley! Shayley!" I squealed as I jumped into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his grip tightened around my waist. Austin coughed behind us and Shay removed his arms and I blushed, straightening my shirt. Alan came out of his bunk.

"Hey man." he bro-hugged him. Tino and Phil mimicked his actions.

"So what's the bunk arrangement like?" Shayley and I sat down. He put his arm over my shoulder and I leaned into him.

"You, Alan, and Carson are in the back room and Phil, Tino, and I are in the front here," Austin said, motioning towards the hall of bunks.

"Are you guys...?" Phil trailed off, motioning to Shayley and me.

"Nah." I said casually, nuzzling further into him. He chuckled and moved his arm off my shoulders and around my waist. Phil raised his eyebrows. They started talking about baseball, and by 'they' I mean, Austin. I wordlessly got up and went to the back room where my luggage was. I took out cosmetic bag and found my bleach hair dye.

I changed into a black tank top and sweats. I slipped into the bathroom and filled the sink with water. I poured the bleach onto my hands and winced. My hair was burning like a wildfire in Ohio. I put the timer on for 15 minutes and waited. When the timer went off I dried my hair and put it into a loose bun.

I looked into the mirror and saw someone I didn't even recognize. The girl in the mirror had bleach blonde hair. She was petite but fierce looking. I walked out of the bathroom and climbed into my bunk. "Night guys!" I shouted.

"Night Carson!" they shouted back.

****

My phone alarm went off. I jolted awake and hit my head on the bunk above.

"Fuck" I whispered, running my forehead. I rolled out of bed and landed on the floor with a thump. I groaned and pulled myself up.

"Good Morning, Sunshine." Shayley said, walking into the room with a cup of coffee, fully dressed.

"Hi" I mumbled, I walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, my bangs were stuck up side ways, my bun was falling out and my make up had smeared. I laughed quietly at my appearance and jumped in the shower. I put on ripped shorts and a flannel button up that didn't have sleeves and tied in the front. I laced up my vans.

"CARSON, THE LINE UP WAS JUST RELEASED." Austin shouted as I was finishing up my make up.

"Coming!" I ran out of the air conditioned bus and into the breezy NorCal weather.

"Here" Alan said, handing me a schedule sheet for Main Stage, which we were both on.

It read:

11:20; Venue Gates Open

12:30 - 1:15; Memphis May Fire

1:30 - 2:30; Sleeping With Sirens

2:50 - 3:45; Of Mice and Men

4:00 - 5:16; Carson Dawn

5:30 - 6:10; You Me At Six

9:00pm Venue Closes.

I felt relief wash over me. I was in the early evening, the sun wouldn't be so intense. I had been doing Warped since I was fifteen and I was always scheduled in the mid day sun. It was 11:15 now, I found my merch tent and started unpacking the boxes and laying down tee shirts. My merch guy, Colin, waved me off saying that he had could do it. Colin was more of a friend than an employee. I went back to OM&M's bus, thinking about the songs for my set. I started writing my list out: