Chapter 2

"Where is her damn song book"

"I know she has it here somewhere."

"AHA. here it is."

"Oh I can't wait to see her face when this is broadcasted on the morning bulletin."

I jolted awake, turning on my lamp. I saw a group of girls huddled near my closet.

"Oh shit. The freak's awake!" someone from my school joked. Olivia smirked. She always had sleepovers and they would torment me relentlessly every time.

"Tell Mom and Dad and you'll know what will happen." she said sinisterly, brandishing a shiny knife. I gulped. When we were four, I told on Olivia because she put a pincher bug down my back. That night she "accidentally" took our parents lighter and burned a spot on my back. The skin is still wrinkled there.

"Could you please leave?" I asked quietly.

"Fine. Remember our deal." Olivia eyed me. "Come on girls." she motioned for her 'clique' to follow her out the door. Someone dropped my song book. I couldn't stay here any longer. I checked the time. It was 2:30am. Who could I call at such an early hour? Austin Carlile. I reached for my phone and looked for his contact. It rang for about two seconds.

"Hey Car, what's up?" his voice worried.

"Can I stay at your place until Warped Tour?" my voice breaking.

"Yeah, sure. Is there something wrong?"

"I'll explain later. Please just pick me up."

"Okay. I'm on my way now."

"Alright Austin." I bit my lip, hanging up. I got out of bed and gathered my things. I took my pills and razors and placed them in my purse. I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a white beanie, my mascara was stained on my face and I was wearing a black crew neck that read "Drop Dead" in white letters.

My phone vibrated.

"I'm outside x" Austin texted me. I slipped on my uggs and managed to get all five of my bags down the stairs. I ran outside. Austin was leaning up against the back of his SUV. When he saw me, he opened it up and grabbed two of my bags at a time and placed them in it.

"Oh babe." he took a better look at me. He engulfed me in a hug.

"I love you Aussie" I whimpered into his chest.

"I love you too." he kissed the top of my head. "Come on" he pulled away. I got in the passenger seat and he hopped into the driver's. He sped away, probably exceeding the speed limit. I didn't care - I still hadn't fully come down from my high. "Care to explain?" he asked, a bit annoyed at the fact that my pupils were dilated.

"Not really, but do I have a choice?"

"No, you don't." he pursed his lips. I told him everything. From my mother's mental abuse to what happened tonight. Austin had always known the most about me, but not a lot.

"Thats a lot for a eighteen year old to take in as well, do you need some sort of therapy?" I jerked at the word "therapy". "Guess not" he chuckled.

"Want to explain why your eyes are fucking huge?" I shook my head vigorously. Wow head rush. "Kay." he gripped his steering wheel tighter.

"What's on your mind,?" I asked, keeping my eyes trained on the passing lights of L.A. as we got out of the hills.

"I'm wondering on how I didn't know sooner."

"I didn't tell anyone el-"

"That's not the fucking point." he interrupted me. "The point is, is that there were so many signs. I could have noticed. But I ignored them, and that kills me." a tear forming in his eye.

"Please don't beat yourself up about this, it's not worth it. All that matters now IS now. I'm so sick of dwelling on the past."

"Do you know who would love to here you say that?" Austin asked with a crooked smile.

"Who?" I brought eyebrows together in confusion.

"Mitch."

"Oh." I looked down at my lap. Mitch Lucker was like a second father to me. He knew everything that was going on in my life. I practically lived at his house. I still regularly talked with Kenna and Jolie. I bit my lip.

"He would be so fucking proud of you." my lip quivered and I turned my head to face the window.

"Head up." he patted my knee "we're almost at the house. I barely noticed that we had turned into a residential neighborhood.

"Is there anyone else there?" I asked as we pulled up to the house.

"Oh just everyone, except Shayley " Austin taunted.

"Don't get smart with me Carlile. Remember what happened last time." I grinned. By this time I was relatively sober.

"Yeah, yeah." he grumbled, pulling in my bags. He fumbled around the keys for the door. I grabbed the, from his front pocket and unlocked it for him. I handed them back to him with smirk. "Get on smart ass." he mumbled. I chuckled.

I saw Alan sitting on the couch.

"Allyyy!" I whisper yelled, careful to not wake up anyone, and dived on to his lap.

"Carrriiieee!" he mocked me. I rolled off of him.

"How's it going half pint?" he teased me.

"I've been better, just a little tir-" I was interrupted with a yawn. Alan chuckled.

"Since we don't have a room for you, you can sleep in my bed whilst I sleep on the couch."

"That's very generous of you, Alan. But you don't have to" I protested.

"I know I don't have to." he laughed again. He threw me over his shoulder.

"Night Ally" I waved sleepily. I drifted off to sleep, never making it to the bed.