13.

"NOVA," Garret called out as he found the blonde girl standing along the crowded room, grabbing her arm as she turned around to face him. "Come with me, I think Nick is on drugs again."

"What? They drugged him again?" she asked, knitting her eyebrows in concern.

"I don't know, he just keeps laughing when I ask him." the redhead said as he tugged on Nova's arm, finally getting her to move and walk towards Nick.

The first thing Nova saw was Nick spread out in her couch, taking every inch of space and sliding off from the piece of furniture, causing a girl to glare at him as his leg touched her. He was looking up, with his tongue resting on his top lip as he titled his head slightly, almost like he was looking at something on the roof. As she got closer to him, she could hear him humming a song that would probably never leave his mouth.

She ducked as she held Nick's chin to make him look at her, but even if they were face to face, his eyes were somewhere else.

"Nick?" Garret asked, getting no response from him "Nick, hey look at me."

His eyes didn't move from the plant that was decorating the lonely corner of the big cream living room.

"Nick, look at me." this time Nova spoke, and just as if she was an hypnotist, Nick's eyes found hers in a matter of seconds.

"Hey," he greeted, eyes turned into slits as the corner of his mouth formed a light smirk.

"Hi, can you please come with me?" she asked.

"Where?" he trailed off, his eyes finding another road.

"Don't even ask him," said Garret, clearly annoyed as he pulled on Nick's arm until he was holding him by the shoulder. "Let's go."

Nova nodded and made her way to the front, making sure to clear space for the struggling boy who was carrying a much taller boy, who also happened to be his cousin. As they finally reached the bottom of the stairs, Nova let out a loud huff and turned around, quickly swinging Nick's arm around her shoulder (to which Nick reacted with a sloppy 'hey gurrrrrl').

As they both placed foot on the last step, they let out a sigh of relief, and continued to drag the boy who was very skinny but also very heavy, heading over to the blonde's bedroom.

Once they had made their way in, Garret tossed his cousin to the bed, only part of his torso landing on the mattress. As Nova closed the door, he managed to lift up his feet so they weren't off the bed.

"What are we gonna do with him?" Garret asked as Nova stood by his side.

They looked at the pale boy that had one eye closed and whose saliva was covering most of his bottom lip. Nova sighed.

"I'll take care of him; you go and enjoy the party."

"Uhm, I'll come over to check on him in an hour." Garret said, pacing back as his eyes never left his cousin's body.

Nova nodded, sighing once she heard the door close behind her back. She walked softly until she was standing in front of the nightstand, inching closer to Nick's face and placing a soft kiss on his forehead. This seemed to turn him fully awake as he opened both of his eyes.

"Hey," he slurred, grinning at the girl in front of him. Even though her face was blurry to his eyes, he still noticed how her pink lips formed a curve.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" she asked softly, Nick barely hearing her.

"I'm fresh as a salmon." he said and she laughed. "Why are you sideways?"