Inside Jokes (highschool Tenrose)

Rose hated those stupid ties that came with her school uniform. She tugged hers a bit looser as she walked to her seat in Comedy class, flopping down next to her best friend and secret crush, John Smith.
John smiled at her. "Hey, Rose." Rose smiled back. He could somehow always lift her bad mood. "Hi, John." John pulled a face as he turned his head. "These ties, man, I'm telling you. Why do we have to wear them so tight?" Rose sighed in agreement. "I know, right?"
"Personally, I like them." A voice said from behind the pair. It was a boy in the year below them by the name of Kevin. "I mean, we're allowed to decorate them, at least." He gestured to his own tie, which was being pulled loose by the weight of several shimmering metal pins.
"He looks a bit like a highly decorated soldier or cop or something." John whispered to Rose, once Kevin had looked away from the two.
Rose laughed. "So does that make him Highly Decorated Kevin?"
John burst into silent laughter, as class had begun. "I suppose it does. What medals would a Highly Decorated Kevin wear?"
"Maybe..." Rose paused, fighting for breath against her silent tears of laughter, "maybe a Kevin of Honor."
John nodded. "Or, if he got injured, a Purple Kevin."
Oh god, this is probably so offensive. John thought, but he couldn't stop laughing.
"Would he be a four-star or five-star Kevin?" John whispered.
"Definitely five-star." Rose replied. They were both doubled over with laughter in their seats.
"Oi! You too! What are you plotting over there?" The teacher asked good-naturedly. Rose smiled. John was what made Comedy even funnier.