The Yule Ball (Doctor Who/Harry Potter)

The Doctor paced back and forth, obsessively straightening his bronze-and-cobalt tie and staring at the Yule invitation in his hand. He was a fifth-year and one of the smartest in his class, but for the life of him he couldn't figure out what to do!
The Ball itself wasn't the problem. Oh, he was definitely going. Dancing was his favorite, and he knew the food would be superb. No, the problem was getting a date.
He definitely had someone in mind. Oh, did he ever. Clara Oswald. She was perfect for him. Save for him, she was the smartest in the year. She was sweet as candy and positively hilarious. And with her silky mahogany curls, long-lashed and enormous chocolate eyes, and adorable tiny stature, she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen.
Ah, but how to ask her? He couldn't just go up and say it! It needed to be special, just as special as she was. He could shoot silver sparks, and form them into writing. Clara loved silver. It was perfect.
On December twentieth, four days before the Yule Ball, the night was dark and snowing. He shot sparks at Clara's dorm window. She appeared within seconds, smiling when she saw him standing in the snow. She waved and he waved back.
HI CLARA
That was the first thing the Doctor wrote. She smiled and mouthed back "hi."
YULE BALL?
_YES   _NO
Clara held up a finger, her expression unreadable. She ran away from the window and the Doctor's face fell. She was saying no. He started to head inside.
"Oi! Where are you going?" Clara was by the door. Her long curls were tucked under a purple knit hat and she was wearing her Ravenclaw scarf. Adorable. "Y'know, I'm saying yes." She casually flicked her wand at the sky, and a huge silver check mark appeared, glowing beside the YES. He ran to her. "Really?" He gasped.
Clara pulled him in by his tie and kissed him long and hard. When she pulled away, the Doctor was so dizzy he nearly fell in the snow. "Well that answers that," he breathed. Clara winked. "See you then."
________________________
Clara smoothed her rippling silver gown as she stared in the mirror. For the Ball, her outfit was all about snow and ice. She wanted to look like a goddess; powerful, sexy, and just a tad scary. She thought she had achieved that.
She wore a shimmering dress that flowed like water, the fabric seeming almost unearthly. The sleeves poured off her elbows and, because she was so short, the hem brushed lightly against the floor. The dress was covered in swirls of Nevermelting Frost that had taken a good three hours for Clara to get exactly right, but it was worth it. All her most talented friends had helped her with her makeup, from designing how it should look to creating the makeup to actually applying it.
Stunningly beautiful Amelia, from Gryffindor, had mixed a few custom shades of purple and silver eye shadow, and applied it with the expert hand of a Muggle model, which she actually was in the summertime. Sweet and gentle Rose, from Hufflepuff, had helped her with the classic deep red lipstick that Clara had always loved but was rubbish at applying. Donna and Martha, Ravenclaws like Clara, simply laughed and chatted and helped everyone else get ready.
Finally, it was time to meet their dates in the Great Hall. Rose was going with a bloke from Slytherin who also called himself the Doctor. Honestly, Clara preferred her Doctor. This Doctor was scary-looking, with dark, angry eyes and a matchstick-thin build. When he saw beautiful Rose in her holly-green and very tight dress, though, his face lit up in a loving, dreamy smile. Clara didn't watch the rest of her friends find their dates-Martha was going with Gryffindor's Mickey Smith, Donna with her Muggle boyfriend Shaun Temple, and Amy with Rory Williams from Hufflepuff-because she noticed her Doctor looking at her.
As she glided toward him, there was no mistaking the love in his soft green eyes. He looked her up and down, fiddling with his gray bow tie before anxiously offering her his arm. "Wanna go in?" He squeaked. Clara laced her arm through his. "Why else would I be here?" She chuckled softly, and they walked into the dance.
_______________________
Dinner passed in a blur. The Doctor couldn't take his eyes off Clara. She glowed in the moonlight, with her shining hair and positively radiant dress. He fell deeper in love every time her face broke into that stunning smile, every time she told one of her hilarious jokes. She was way out of his league. All of the guys at the table stared jealously at the Doctor as he asked her to dance to the first waltz that played, and received an immediate yes.
They glided across the floor, holding each other tightly. The Doctor noticed every minute detail about her, from the intense expression that the makeup had created on her perfect face, to the coolness of her frosted gown, to the way her dark-chocolate eyes seemed to glow in the dark.
Despite the fact that she was a good six inches shorter than him, even in her heels, Clara was intimidating. The Doctor kept worrying that this was some elaborate prank, some cruel trick that the popular kids were playing on the poor nerdy Doctor that would end with him in tears on the steps to the Ravenclaw dorm, covered in some disgusting substance, humiliated and heartsick. But every time Clara let out a nervous giggle as he accidentally stepped on her foot, or gently pushed a stray piece of hair back into place behind her small ear, all he could think was that this was the best night of his life.
___________________
Clara smiled reassuringly into her handsome Doctor's face. This was the best night of her life. He was a brilliant waltzer, even if he occasionally stepped on her toes. As she later discovered, he was also an amazing fast dancer. They spun and hopped and laughed and sang to the Wizarding World's Top Ten Hits. He even dipped her once, and the couples too shy to dance gasped from the edges of the floor. She wanted it never to end.
All too soon, though, it ended. Midnight came, and the couples began to leave. Clara and the Doctor walked back to Ravenclaw tower, but stopped in the garden.
"Clara," the Doctor squeaked out. Oh, it was adorable when his voice broke like that. "I-I just wanted you to know I had a really great time tonight." She smiled shyly. "Me too." She whispered. She stood up on tiptoe to kiss his cheek, and walked away, leaving him sputtering and wheezing, unsure if that had just happened. A smile played on her lips. She felt like this was the start of an amazing relationship.