Chapter Seven: Lights and Care

Start from the beginning

"Morning." Rick says to me.

"Good Morning." I say making everyone gasp.

"She speaks!" Dale says jokingly. 

"Its good to hear your voice little one." Rick says smiling. Carl then comes skipping over and sitting next to his dad.

"Are you hungover? Mom said you'd be." Carl asks his dad making Rick chuckle.

"Mom is right."

"Mom has that annoying habit." Lori says with pills in her hand. She gives them out.

"Eggs. Powdered but...but I do 'em good." T- Dog says. Glenn then groans and grasp his head harder. "I bet you can't tell. Protein helps the hangover." He gives Glenn eggs. His face was in pure dicomfort.

"Where did this all come from?" Rick asks Lori.

"Jenner. He thought we could use it."

"Thank you. Some of us, at least." Rick says and glances at Glenn.

"Don't ever ever ever let me drink again." Glenn groans. Everyone started to chuckle. Then Shane walked in. I then bowed my head down, my hair was covering my face. Lori noticed, because she started to rub my back.

"Hey." Shane says to Rick.

"Hey feel as bad as I do?"

"Worse." Shane chuckles and takes a sip of the coffee Dale gave him.

"The hell happened to you? Your neck?" Rick pointed out. Shane touched the back of his neck and winced.

"Must have done it in my sleep."

"Never seen you do that before." Rick said and puts more eggs in his mouth. Shane looks over at me and Lori.

"Me neither. Not like me at all." He says. I start tugging at my fingers harder and hold back the tears. It was really scary last night. Then Mr. Jenner walked in.

"Morning." He said to everyone. I got up and pulled his shirt to get his attention. He then crouched down to my level.

"I'm sorry for hurting you yesterday Mr. Jenner. I was scared. I'm really sorry." I say and I pull at my fingers even harder. Mr. Jenner noticed and put his hands on my fingers pulling them apart.

"It is okay Mason, I forgive you. It is nice to hear you talk." I smile and walk over to Daryl. He puts me in his lap since T-Dog took my seat. I didn't mind, this seat was comfier.

"Doctor, I don't mean to slam you with questions first thing......" Dale starts. Mr. Jenner rolls his eyes and faces the group.

"But You will anyway." Mr. Jenner says.

"We didn't come for the eggs." Andrea says. Mr. Jenner nodded and we followed him into the big computer room.

"Give me play back of TS-19." He tells Vi. A video pops up. It was a head with pretty lights inside. The grown ups started using big words I didn't get. I watched the screen as the colors went dark and then a big whit slash went through it. Carol gasped.

"God. What was that." She said.

"You shot them, right?" I spoke. "Like Amy?" Mr. Jenner nodded and Andrea started to cry again.

"Vi, power down the main screen and the workstations." Everything the powered down.

"You have no Idea what it is do you?" Lori asked.

"It could be microbial, viral, parasitic, fungal..."

"Or the wrath of God?" Jacqui added making Mr. Jenner chuckle.

"There is that."

"Somebody must know something." Andrea Stated.

"Somebody Somewhere. I lost connection about a month ago, so I don't know."

"So there is nothing left?" Rick asked.

"Man, I'm gonna get shit-faced drunk again." Daryl said and started to head up the ramp.

"Dr. Jenner, I know this has been taxing for you and I hate to ask on more question...But....That clock....It's counting down. What happens at Zero?" Dale asks, everyone turns to Mr. Jenner who faces away from everyone.

"The Basement Generators.....they run out of fuel." He says quickly.

"And then?" He stayed silent.

"Vi, what happens when the power runs out?" Rick asks Vi.

"When the power runs out, facility-wide decontamination will occur." Everyone froze.

"Decontamination....what does that mean?" Glenn asked. I then left to go to the room. There was Daryl drinking the stuff Shane was drinking, He was also packing all his stuff.

"Daryl? What are you doing?" I ask him and I follow by packing my stuff as well.

"Somethings gonna go down, I feel it so I am prepared." I nodded and as I pack I see the drawing I made for Mr. Jenner. I folded it and put it in my boot to give to him. As we are packing the Air turns off and the lights. Sending everyone into panic.