Feelings

Sherlock smiled at this message, knowing that he would get to see her soon. But something inside of him felt, wrong. Like he shouldn't be doing this. He should just be at home with John. He couldn't shake this feeling, yet he just pushed it aside, and chose to ignore it.

The captain's voice telling the passengers they were about to take off interrupted Sherlock's thoughts.

"Sir? Sir, you need to fasten your seatbelt." Sherlock looked up and saw a female flight attendant standing beside him.

"Yes, I'm sorry." The flight attendant nodded.

As the plane took off, Sherlock just had one face on his mind, Irene, The Woman.

Back in London, John had just woken up and was about to go get some groceries. He normally made Sherlock run this errand, but... He forced himself to stop thinking about Sherlock and go about his chores for the day. As he was leaving the flat, Mrs. Hudson stepped outside and called to him.

"Yes?" he called back.

"Sherlock called. He says he'll be staying a bit longer than planned." 

"Where was he when he called?"

"The airport. He had just boarded his plane I believe."

"Oh, alright." John turned away so the landlady wouldn't see the pained expression that now took over his face.

"Goodbye, Mrs. Hudson," he mumbled, though he wasn't sure that she heard him. He turned and continued walking down the street. As much as it pained him to admit, Sherlock leaving him, even for the smallest amount of time, hurt him.

He stopped and looked around, seeing Sherlock everywhere. He saw the newspaper, of which Sherlock would have looked through for grammar mistakes. He laughed to himself. Just another thing I love about him. he thought. 

"No, I mustn't think about him. I mustn't." With tears in his eyes, he kept walking, ignoring everything that reminded him of the man he loved.

-------------------------------------------

A/N You guys are really going to like the next chapter. Cause I just got a super good idea! I can't wait!!