Leaving

"What? Why?" John stuttered.

"I just am," Sherlock shrugged.

"Oh, okay." said John, hoping the disappointment wasn't clear on his face.

The two men then proceeded about their normal routine. As the day ended, Sherlock packed his bags, and went to bed without a word. Meanwhile, John sat in his room, and fretted over Sherlock's journey. He worried that Sherlock was going to see a secret girlfriend, or even boyfriend. That last thought made John smile. If he's seeing a man, then I might have a chance. John was finally able to sleep, and he once again dreamt of Sherlock.

When Sherlock awoke the next morning, he decided not to wake John, but to just go ahead and leave. He did, however, leave John a note, saying that he'd return in a week or so. He walked out of 221B Baker Street, hailed a taxi, and made his way to the airport.

Back at the flat, John was awake, for Sherlock's moving about woke him up.

When he heard Sherlock walk out the door, he sighed. "Goodbye," he whispered to himself. John crawled out of bed, and upon finding Sherlock's note, went right back to his bed and cried.

On his airplane, Sherlock sat anxiously, waiting for it to take off. As soon as the plane got into the air, Sherlock recieved a text. It said:

ONCE YOU REACH DETROIT, GET ON ANOTHER FLIGHT TO PHEONIX, ARIZONA. I'LL BE WAITING. -IA

---------------------------------------------------

[A/N] Sorry it's short. I have chores to do. More later/tomorrow!