Chapter 5

After realising that our frantic studying of 'Krouse's book of prophecies and ancient magic' proved to be fruitless, Jason and I decided to consult the one book that could provide us with some answers. This was yesterday.

Right now, we're going over the notes we made last night as last minute preparation for our lecturing session, which begins soon.

We also decided that going through the manuscript could wait for today. It being Friday, we can stay in the library until 5pm. This means that we can search for answers to our prophecy for as long as we want to, uninterrupted.

As soon as we're done revising, we head to the designated lecture room for today's session.

As we enter the room, Miss De Lange and Mr Whyte walk towards us, ready to leave. Before exiting the room, Miss De Lange pats Jason's shoulder and says to both of us, 'Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great'. She smiles and leaves.

Mr Whyte on the other hand, generously offers us his best scowl on an exquisite golden platter. That scowl looks powerful enough to crumble the most rigid wall.

Unlike the other lecturers, we're young and wild so we brought in my PS4 and 5 different genres of games, provided by Jason to make our lecture's content more effective and enjoyable.

After selecting 5 students at random to demonstrate their abilities or lack thereof in the different genres, we begin.

The lecture is a wonderful success! Every student participates actively and enthusiastically in every little 'challenge' or task that Jason and I have planned.

It seems that by teaching everyone, we're teaching ourselves too. Eventually, the notes that we made becomes useless because we end up covering a large amount of topics, effortlessly and confidently.

But alas! For all good things come to an end and our fun is cut short when an older lecturer enters the room after hearing the racket that everyone is making.

Immediately, silence descends as everyone stops what they're doing to look at the red-faced lecturer.

I think we made him angry. Oops!

'Where is your lecturer?', he points to a girl who sits directly in front of him.

'Umm, sir. I-it's those two', she points at Jason and I.

Mr Angry whips around and faces us, with a thunderous expression. He glares at the pair of us for a few moments before speaking.

'You're the lecturers eh? And who gave you permission to lecture?', he asks us, angrily.

'Mr Whyte and Miss De Lange, sir', Jason answers, cool as a cucumber.

'Who? I don't know any Mr Whyte and Miss De Lange.', he says, looking like he's about to burst.

I decide to reply, 'Miss De Lange is an honours student and Mr Whyte is new here, sir.'

He ignores me and looks around the class and then barks at the students who are sitting in front of the flat screen TV to get back to their seats.

He thrusts a finger first in my face and then at Jason's and asks, 'What do you think this is? Does this place look like a bloody zoo to you?!', he shouts while spit flies out of his mouth with the speed of missiles.

Just as he's about to reprimand us further, Miss De Lange walks in and stands still in the doorway before relaxing and making her way to us.

She told us yesterday that she'd come and check on us during the last ten minutes of the lecture. I didn't realise that time went by so fast because I was enjoying myself immensely.