Chapter 15

Flashback

~Info: This is just after the Joker incident at Babs and Dick's school.~

Finally, I can get some sleep. Babs thought as she shed her makeshift suit. Since that day with the Joker, she and Dick had become best friends. But Babs was also working on a cape for herself. She always had to wait past midnight for her father to fall asleep, and it was now two in the morning. She was pulling off her shirt, and was standing in her training bra and pyjama pants, when a green, red and yellow suit appeared outside her window. She opened it quietly, holding her shirt over her chest.
"What are you doing here?" She hisses at her friend, closing the glass, as it was raining. Dick tries to smile, wincing.
"Just...hhhhh...wanted to see how you were." He lied, holding his side.
"You expect me to believe that?" Babs said as she pulled on her shirt.
"I may or may not just have been severely injured, and used the last of my energy to get here."
"Where's Bruce-errr-Batman?"
"Knocked out." Dick said knowingly.
"Oh man. Ok, um, let's get you cleaned up." She said, locking her door. "Where does it hurt?" Dick pulled off his shirt, and Barbara blushed, until she saw the large patch of red near his ribs that had been disguised by his costume. She grabbed a first aid kit from her cupboard. Barbara cleaned it with some water, and tied a bandage around it. "Robin, we need to help Batman, but you'll get hurt even worse." Babs sighed. "Unless...Robin. I might've been working on a costume for myself. Do you think I could borrow your belt and go save Batman?"
"Are you kidding me? You've already taken down the Joker." Dick said, unclipping his belt. Babs opened her wardrobe and went into the bathroom. She mustn't have closed the door properly, because it flew open and Dick saw her naked in her bra and undies. After she has quickly pulled on her mask, she slapped a giggling Boy Wonder.
"Worth it." He whispered cheekily, before Barbara disappeared out her window.