Chapter 3

"You forgot something." A voice says from behind us. Cass spins around, a fist an inch from the person's face. Decked out in full armour, Dick dumps a thug on the floor.

"We would've handled him." Artemis says.

"Coulda. Woulda. Didn't." He says.

"You sound just like Batman." I growl. Nothing ticks him off more than being compared to our mentor.

"Just go. BG doesn't want to see you now." Cass says, stepping in between us. Trust one of my best friends to stand up for me.

"B, I really need to talk to you!" Dick pleads. An idea pops into my head.

"If you go back to the Team until we receive a real mission, then lead it properly, we can talk." I say smugly. Cass snorts into her elbow. Artemis smirks. Not a single mission has ever gone right. Then we all stalk back into the darkness. Cass grabs Artemis and I in one hand each, and flies us back over to Artemis's. I guess Artemis does like super-powered people. Just not Zatanna.

Although, happiness lasts for seconds. I get a call minutes later, telling me to get to the cave. Not an official call, or anything. M'gann, psychically yells in my brain.

Ok, this is not what I expected.

The entire JLA is battling their proteges. Bats against Damian, Dick and Tim. Superman against Connor and Kara. This can't be good.

"Cass, cover me!" I whisper, running into the control room. Flash is sitting at the computer, typing lines upon lines of code, faster than I can see. I knock him out, and take a sample of his blood. I analyse it.

"Toxins. A lot of them. Some sort of micro-bot in their bloodstream, editing their memories of us." I say, deleting the code. "Flash was hacking into watchtower defenses. Would've blown up us, and the JLA." Dick runs in.

"B!" He yells.

"Get out there and freaking help Damian and Tim! I've got this covered. Just don't let anyone in here, ok?" I say, rewriting the code. "I need to send an EMP throughout the watchtower to deactivate the micro-bots long enough to get them out of their systems." Dick sprints out without protest.

"Ok, I'm not going to pretend I know what any of these commands mean." Cass says. I hit enter, and sigh, watching the blue bar on the screen grow, downloading my work onto a microchip. I grab it and walk over to the tech station. I work quickly on the touch screens, choosing materials and lengths.

"Cass, call Misfit on speaker. I need to talk to her!" I say, over the cries of Black Canary. Dinah Lace, one of my best friends, is trying to hurt my friends.

"Batgirl? What the hell is going on?" Charlie yells.

"Are you in my old base from my days as oracle? Never mind. Charlie, I need you to find Black Alice! We need her in the watchtower stat. There's a zeta tube in the batcave. We'll worry about BA knowing it's location later!" I say quickly.

"Lori hates me. She's not going to help me!" Charlie yells.

"Tell her it's for me, ok? And that the fate of literally the entire JLA and their protege's rests in her hands." I have a plan to distract the heroes while I activate the EMP.

"Fine. I'll get her up here by letting her borrow my TP powers." Charlie says, then disappears in a poof of pink smoke.

"You think whatever plan you're thinking will work?" Cass asks. I trun away from my computer for a moment.

"Cass, you're talking to someone who's business card would literally say 'Girl Genius'."

Lori and Charlie appear one after the other in the control room in ten minutes. I have my EMP in my hand.
"BA, you need to steal Dr. Fate's power while I get this EMP running, ok?"
"Wait, Batgirl, what's going on?" Lori asks.
"No time to explain. Now go, go, go!" I race out, towards the main generator. Cass throws Bats off me, and holds Supey against the wall. I shove in the EMP. For a moment, I think there's something wrong. Then all the JLA fall to the floor. I hand syringes to Wally.
"Needles...hate...I think I'm gonna pass out." Wally moans.
"Listen, KF! You will not pass out until you inject every last one of these people! Then-and only then-can you pass out!" I yell.
"And hurry! I don't know how long I can hold Dr. F." Lori adds. KF rushes around the room, then falls down next to me. Slowly, the JLA members wake up. Dick, Damian, Tim and I all throw out arms around Bruce. Zatanna looks at Dr. Fate. Her father's body is possessed by him.
"Go, comfort her." I say venously to Dick. 
"Don't bother, B, he's not worth even a thought." Cass whispers.

[1] I'm currently writing a Damian Wayne fanfic. It's about a girl from our dimension who ends up in the DC universe, and she lives with the Wayne's. She and Dami start to develop feelings for each other, and the Boy Wonder's heart of ice begins to melt. Anyway, I'll let you guys know when I publish!