Chapter 16 ~ Harry and Viv sitting in a tree

Abigail's POV

I fiddled awkwardly with my fingers, staring into space as Sirius looked at everything but me. Remus was chatting heartily with Vanessa, their laughs filling the classroom while James scraped back his chair menacingly, before approaching us. He smacked his book down on the desk, startling Sirius before glaring at me. The rest of the lesson was spent with Sirius and James talking in hushed tones while I actually tried to get started on the assignment. When class finally ended, Remus skipped up to me, leaving a giggling Vanessa behind.

"Did you miss my dulcet tones?" He asked teasingly while turning around to wave at Vanessa. I shoved him and snorted. "As if!" He smirked back at me before jogging back to where Vanessa was. I turned my head to watch them, stopping in the middle of the corridor. Which probably was not the smartest thing to do. Something hard barrelled into me, causing me to topple over and fall onto the hard ground, bringing the person down with me. 

They grunted in pain when I landed right on top of them, our faces so close that we could kiss. I took in their grey eyes and curly black hair before quickly jumping off them. 

"Sorry," I apologized profusely staring into the face of Sirius. Or who I thought was Sirius. When he managed to peel himself off the floor, I noticed that his face was less angular than Sirius's and that he was wearing Slytherin robes. Oh, I had bumped into Regulus. He nodded stiffly at me before high-tailing it out of the corridor like the hounds of hell were after him. A hand clasped around my arm and I barely suppressed the scream in my throat when I realised it was Vivienne who had latched on. 

"What the duck," I hissed at her before realising she was hiding behind me. Slowly I turned my head and saw Harry strolling pleasantly past, apparently not noticing a quivering Vivienne hiding behind me. He nodded politely at me before heading down to the dungeons for Potions. After he disappeared, I turned back to look at Vivienne, who's cheeks were flushing a brilliant crimson. I gave her a knowing smile before grabbing her arm and pulling her towards the dungeons. 

We took our seats in front of a bubbling cauldron just as Slughorn waddled into the room. He made his way behind his desk and accio'd a pile of books onto Lily's desk. She made to grab one but Slughorn stopped her. 

"Today we're going to start a new potion. It is extremely difficult and will require a lot of attention during the next four months." At that everyone gasped. Four months working on one potion means that  the said potion a very powerful or dangerous one. Slughorn held up his hand, interrupting the babble of talk coming everyone. "We could spend four months making this potion but I'm pretty sure all of you would rather not," he paused and everyone murmured sounds of agreement, "so I've decided that everyone will brew the potion groups of four, meaning we only have to spend two months. Now get into groups and start working," he ordered before heading to the supplies closet, to presumably get the ingredients out. 

Vivienne turned to me, whipping out her puppy eyes lightning fast. "Can we go with Harry," she pleaded, looking at me with her big brown eyes. I blinked, suddenly unable to think clearly. "S-sure?"   

She squealed and hugged me before taking off in Harry's direction. I blinked, broken from the trance Vivienne's eyes had put me in before gasping as realization set in. Sirius Black was Harry's potions partner which means we'll all be in one group! I've already been partnered with him in one subject. I dropped all my books and chased after Vivienne. 

I saw the her chatting with Harry and picked up my pace, nearly crashing into Lily. Harry smiled back and nodded, turning to leave when I finally arrived in front of Vivienne. "VIV, CAN WE DISCUSS THIS," I gasped out, pulling her arm. 

"HE SAID YES," she squealed in excitement. I groaned and started to bang my head on the table. A snotty voice stopped me mid-bang. "Trying to get rid of all your braincells," Sirius sneered as he gingerly squeezed in next to me. I raised my head, noticing that Vivienne and Harry had gone to collect the ingredients for the potion. "Yes, I'll do anything as long as it means I don't have to see your face," I shot back, my cheeks flushing as anger flooded through them. 

'Someone's getting hot and bothered, he sung. In my anger ridden mind, I didn't process what he had just said. "Yes I am!" I blurted out before realising what he had just said or implied. I put my hand over my mouth in horror as Sirius hooted with laughter. 

"I make Abigail get all hot and bothered!" He announced loudly and the whole class erupted in laughter except Vivienne and Harry. They approached our table, Harry's arms laden with various ingredients. Harry deposited all the ingredients carefully on the table before grabbing Sirius's arm tightly and pulling him somewhere else. 

"What happened while I was gone," Vivienne asked, bemusedly, as Harry backhanded Sirius.

"Sirius was just being Sirius," I replied vaguely. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sirius's POV

Harry snatched my arm forcefully and dragged me away from the girls. "What the hell are you doing man," he asked angrily. "That is not how you get the girl!" 

I snorted and snatched my arm back. "Who said I was trying to get her! I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole!" 

He deadpanned me and back-handed my head. 

"Ow!" I complained, rubbing my head gingerly. "Why does it matter to you if I treat her like dung," I asked him, my suspicions increasing as a bright red flush came across his face. 

"Nothing!" He shot back quickly. Too quickly. I narrowed my eyes and poked him in the chest. "You like her don't you," I asked, my stomach doing this weird dropping thing when his blush increased tenfold. 

"No, I like Vivienne!" he sputtered incredulously. My heart slowed to its normal pace and my stomach stopped twisting. What the flobber just happened? I shrugged off my body's weird reaction. Must have been something I ate. 

"Then why are you being so nice to her?" I asked him as my stomach started to twist a little. 

"Because she's Viv's friend! I'm trying to get on Viv's good side," he answered. "If you screw this up for me Black, prepare to get acquainted to your new potions partner." He gestured towards Snivellus. I cringed at the sight of him. 

"I won't," I assured him quickly. Apparently he was satisfied with my answer because he returned back to the table Vivienne and Abigail were on. 

I took a deep breath. Okay Sirius, just be polite to Abigail and you'll still have Harry as your partner. That isn't too hard. Or is it?

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hola! :p It's a bit short but I hope you enjoyed. Would you guys prefer the next chapter to be in Sirius's POV or not?  Till next time :*