Chapter 1: The Girl Gone with The Wind

Miku sighed, setting down a half read book on the wooden table in front of her. Her hands were cupped on the large chair she sat on, she bit her lip trying not to let hot tears stream down her face. The tealette had failed to trying to make herself feel better, she sighed sadly as she stared at the title engraved on the spine of the cover, 'Peter Pan'

Miku didn't have to finish the story to know how it ended, she already read and finished that book sixty four times in counting. Yet, somehow her heart still seemed to race when her favorite name was mentioned in every page of the old thing. Good old times when she was still young and had chubby, strawberry painted cheeks, when she sat by the fire to listen to her mother's soothing voice read every word from the beautiful story she learned to love over the years.

Everything about it was so,.. magical. A boy who flies, faeries and pixie dust, kisses and thimbles, dangerous mermaids, crowing braves and indians, vicious, blood thirsty pirates. The one thing that fascinated her was that it seemed like it could be so real, yet,.. still sound entirely made up.

She shook her head, wanting to come to her senses. "Silly Miku," she laughed bitterly, biting her lip slightly, "Lord Kaito said not to fantasize over these things." her green eyes scanned briefly over her 'markings' on her arms and neck from last night's events. She remembered the pain from the pinches and punches on her arms and kicks on her shins. She was trying to reach out to her betrothed by telling stories of Peter Pan to him, but he refused to hear such 'nonsense' come out of his future bride's lips, he accused her of trying to embarrass him in front of everything he's lived up to. In return, earned punches and a few flying kicks into the ribs and shins. Before he left her to be crippled on the floor, sobbing in a giant mess, he slapped her right across the face, as if he wanted to put some sense into the brain of hers.

She sighed as she tried to stand up, but her rib-cage was bruised and it was hard to walk straight and keep her proper poise as a lady. Yet she still straightened her back and cupped her hands, standing proud and tall, for her mother and father wouldn't want to know that the person that'll take all their cares away, and possibly give her father a chance to finally retire from his long, cold nights of work at the bank, did this to their daughter. It was hard enough trying to find the perfect suitor willing to marry their only daughter who still dreamt of fairy tales.

She rushed over to her long, white vanity table, she sat on the fluffy seat and rampaged through her make up, trying to find the perfect blend to hide her nasty scars. She finally found one that suited her pale skin tone and blended it well, perfect enough that it looked like she wasn't beaten black and blue. Make-up couldn't hide all things, her dignity, her soul, her smile... they were all taken from her, all by that horrible man, that,... pirate.

She scrunched her nose for even thinking of such a way to describe her fiance Kaito, even if he was evil, pirates were ones to slit throats, torture and terrorize the innocents, kill fairies and mermaids, indians and they also (on rare occasions) hunted down Lost Boys and succeeded.

Lord Kaito was not even brave enough to brandish a sword, or even to fire a simple pistol thank heavens. The tealette sighed and stared at herself through the mirror attached to the ledges on the vanity desk, it was elegant yet simple white.. she couldn't bare the sight of herself any longer. She looked like a woman, a lady of society... the girl Miku once knew grew up too fast.

"Oh Peter Pan? Where are you? Are you just a simple memory of my childhood past that I will soon forget? Shall I forget you? Do you still exist or care about little me? I thought you were to take me away to be free in Neverland, to be the mother of the Lost Boys, to see mermaids and indians, I suppose not, I guess I wasn't supposed to live that kind of life." Miku's frown (that always seemed to be hanging around these days) deepened, her eyes that were once lively and full of adventure, now dimmed and pools of sadness, were filling up with tears. She didn't even need to blink for it to trail down her pale cheeks, she wiped it away quickly before it fell onto her dress.