Chapter 7: New Dual

Caleb's POV:
"Open the hatch Dad." I say through my mask. The top of the tree opens and we fly through the back of the tree. When we land, our Dad didn't look happy. "Hey Dad ... you look ... unhappy." I say slowly. "Unhappy ... I'M FURIOUS! You guys just blow up part of Galveston and leave without fixing anything!" He yells. "But-" "But nothing. You kids need consequences. We are practicing until 10:00 pm. No excuses, go!" Dad yells.

We walk into the elevator and go to the Training Floor.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Can we stop?!" I yell to Dad. We've been practicing for hours without stopping. I am exhausted! "It's only 9:00. You guys have a hour to go." He says. I'm breathing harder and harder every time I shoot the dummy. And after the 916th shot, Black ...

-----------------------------------------------------

Leyla's POV:
I hear Caleb next to me fall to the ground. "Caleb!" I pick him up and press my ear against his chest. Heart beating, lungs not breathing. Bad. "He not dead, just not breathing." Olivia helps. You need your water powers back Patrisha says. Your right but how do I get them back?

Combine. Combine ... what? Jems, combine me and your water jem. "You want Leyla to have a dual jem?!" Brandon yells. Well, thats the only way for her to have two powers at once. "Ok, how do I do it?" I ask. Dad suddenly starts bursting into tears. "C-Caleb I shouldn't of made y-you work yourself so h-hard." He cry/says. He holds Caleb in his arms. "Ok, you'll need space. L-lets go to t-the combat room." Dad says. We rush to the next room. I sprint into the center of the arena. "What's next?" I ask. "Hold both jems." Henry helps. I grab Patrisha out of my whip and my Water jem out of my hat (don't ask). "Now make them touch, and say combino og jemeos three times. And after saying that, throw the jems in the air." Henry explains.

Ok ok, calm down Leyla. I press the jems together. "Combino og jemeos ... combino og jemeos ..." the jems keep glowing and seem to be ... melting into each other. "combino og jemeos!" I finish. Then I throw the two/merging one into the air. Suddenly POP!!!

The jems explode in light with a giant popping sound. When it floats down into my hands, it's definitely changed! It's shaped like a water droplet, blue with a pink tint, and symbol of a water top hat. Literally, this jem looks crazy. "Ok Leyla, put your jem into your whip, and press it." Henry tells. I look at my whip, now it's shaped to fit my new jem. 'Normal'. I press it into place. "Here we go." I press the jem. Glowing water starts swirling around me. When it's at my height, it clings to my body. After a minute of that, I'm wearing some ... interesting clothes.

I have my water dress again with water shoes, a top hat that looks like a crown, a cloak that matches my dress, magician water gloves, water hair (again), and the symbol of a top hat with a water droplet on it. Everyone rushes in, my Dad carrying Caleb. "Hurry, his hearts barely beating!" Olivia and Gio say together. I put my hand on his heart; their right. I grab my whip, which now has a normal handle, a water and normal rope, and a water and magic bubble at the end, pretty cool! Anyway, I press the bubble against his body. It expands to cover both rib cages. Then I focus. Suddenly the water/magic starts glowing a mixture blue and pink.

After glowing for about 10 minutes, Caleb starts coughing. "Caleb!!!" Ariana yells. She kneels down and hugs him as tight as she could. I retract my bubble from Caleb's body. He hugs her back as soon as he stops coughing. "Um ... Ariana?" Caleb asks. "Yes?" She responds. "Can you let go now?" He asks. She suddenly let's go and stands up. "Sorry." She says, blushing red. Caleb starts blushing as well.

"I'm ... sorry for ... working you too hard." Dad says slowly. "It's, cough cough, Ok." Caleb manages to say. He looks at me. "Great to have you back Watergirl." He says.

"Great to be back." I say.