|Chapter 1| Insight

|Jordyn |

I woke up to the sunlight in my eyes, almost blinding me , making me squint. Tilting my head over to the left of my bed, I noticed that it was empty, letting me know he had went back to his wife.

I sighed and chewed my lip. I hated the position I was in. Having to be so vulnerable to a man I was in love with definitely token a toll on my pride.

Christian was his name. He was much older than me, with him being in his late 50's and me being in my 20's. I remembered the day he walked up to me, catching me crying, as I was leaving my ex boyfriend's apartment. He stopped me asking if I was okay. I remembered that day like it was yesterday.

Flashback

" Are you not listening to anything I'm saying right now? I saw you with her Ant ! I'm not stupid like all them other chicken head ass hoes you use to date. I ain't gone sit around here and let you do what you do and cheat on me. I'll be damned if I sit around and let that shit happen. "I yelled with my voice nearly cracking.

" Then leave Jordyn! Damn all you do is whine and I told you she was nothing but a friend to me. You gotta start believing me when I'm telling you the truth or else do what you said and get the fuck out ." He said with nothing but hatred in his voice.

I shook my head and wiped away my tears that threatened to fall quickly. I didn't want to let him see me weak right now. I refused to.

" You got it." Was the last words I had spoken to him before walking out of his apartment and slamming the door viciously.

At this point I didn't care anymore, I couldn't hold in the tears that welled up in my eyes and soon my face became very hot and damp.

I couldn't believe that this was the final straw for me and Ant. After so many years , and fights , I never thought our breakup would be because of cheating. That just wasn't in his character, or so I thought. I was so in love -

" Miss, are you okay?" I heard a deep voice ask me distracting me from my thoughts.

And that's what started it all.

He was definitely charming , and his looks could fool you into thinking that he was younger than his actual age.

I was blinded by his charm and the demeanor he had upon him, so blinded  that I didn't even realize the ring on his finger.

Cree was her name.

He claimed and promised he would soon divorce her so he could pursue me and him, but after awhile I was always hearing that same old phrase, " Jo, I promise with everything within me , that I will divorce Cree and focus on you and only you".

I began to believe it to. So naive and still here I am. In the same predicament I was when we went on our first date. I was the side while his wife was his main woman, a place that I wanted to be in.

Standing up, I headed to the bathroom and examined myself in the mirror. My hair was all over the place and my eyes were red.

I walked over to my glass see-through shower and turned the water on setting it to a temperature I was comfortable with.

After showering, and handling my hygiene, I slipped on some comfortable house clothes.

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a already pre-rolled blunt I had and a lighter.

Christian hated when I smoked. He said it was unattractive and that women shouldn't do it but I didn't give a damn. It helped me with all of my problems and was a big stress reliever when I needed it.

When I finished I checked my phone and saw a few messages and notifications from apps I had installed that dealt with social media.

I looked at the messages and saw three from my sister, Lela and two from Christian.

I checked Christians first:

Soon💍🔐💦-Had a wonderful time last night , Jo 😘😉

BLOODLINE- 👑💉-WYA?!
BLOODLINE👑💉- DONT FORGET YOUR PHOTOSHOOT TODAY @ 12! I swear I'm gonna kill yo yellow ass if you don't !
BLOODLINE👑💉- WAKE UP !

"Fuck". I said and checked the time. It was way past over 12 and I knew that my sister was furious with me. This photoshoot cost big money.

Being that she was my manager and booked most of my photoshoots and modeling gigs, a lot of money was wasted that could have went to the both of us.

Before I could get the chance to call her and tell her how deeply sorry I was, I heard a knock on my door and I sighed just knowing that it was her. I stood up and prepared myself for the lecture I was about to get from Lela.

I opened the front door and she already started.

" What the hell Jordyn? I spent big money on this photoshoot. You and me both! This was one of the biggest shoots you would've ever had and you had to fuck it up and be a lazy-" she continued to say before I cut her off.

" Hey! Okay I woke up late I'm sorry. Can't we just get our money back? I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I don't feel like arguing with you right now. I want to have a peaceful day. I sighed and sat down on the couch.

" No Jordyn. See that's the shit I be talking about." She said and scoffed rolling her eyes. What shit ?

" What could it be now Lela. Damn every time you come over you always wanna talk some shit." I said standing up making my way to the kitchen only to be followed by her.

" Your irresponsible as fuck J. You think you gone be alright just because you got your little man candy to help you out? " Damn right I am.

" Well I'm sorry but the real world don't work like that. " She said with seriousness written all over her face.

I hated when she brought Christian up when situations like this happened. Even though she's never met him, I have mentioned him to her multiple times before, but I've never told her about him being married. She thinks I'm only with him for the money since he's making plenty, but to be honest I really love this man and that'll never change.

" Why do you insist on always bringing him up? You've never even met him a day in your life." I said with much attitude.

" It doesn't matter! Ever since you started dating who ever this Casper the ghost nigga is you been lacking and I don't take that well. You need to tighten up or I'm done managing you." She said and grabbed her purse and walked out before I could say anything else.

I sighed loudly in frustration. All I wanted was to relax right now and she was blowing my high.

Soooo? Lol I'm always making a new story. But I just want you guys to like this and hopefully you guys do ! First Chappie!

And give me feedback please 😊- Kayla