Chapter 2

I gestured to Aiden to follow me. We went into my office and I closed the door behind him.

"You almost broke her. You're a lucky little shit, you know that?" He shrugged and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I opened up my laptop and sat down behind my desk. Aiden didn't move. He just stood there, in the middle of my office, staring at me.

"Sit." I pointed at the chairs in front of my desk. It took him a few seconds to respond and do as I said.

"I'm not a dog." I ignored him. I tweeted to my readers about my new book and the release date. I was so excited for them to read it. Definitely some of my best work.

After I replied to a few urgent emails that weren't that urgent, I sighed and looked up to face Aiden.

"So. How much time have you got? I'm free until I get hungry."

"Ditto." He replied, with no emotion whatsoever. If he was a book character he'd be impossible to write.

"Okay, good. Tell me your story. Everything. From your earliest childhood memory up until you get to how you got to be here, sitting in my office."

He shifted in his seat, looking uncomfortable. At least it was an emotion.

I sighed, loudly.

"You are literally writing a book about yourself and you don't even want to talk about it?" It took a moment for it to click.

"Ohhh, you don't want to do this. Someone made you do it, just like Meg made me." I nodded in understanding.

He just stared at me, but I could see the edge of his lip move just a tiny bit.

"This one-sided conversation in great you know. This is exactly what I'm like when I'm writing, except I feel crazy because no one is in front of me to hear it."

"My mum got me a book for my 11th birthday." He started. I smiled. "That was my earliest memory. The book was called-" I leaned back in my chair and just listened.