Chapter Four: And Let the Tears Flow

••••••FRANCE May 29, 1832••••••

I can't do this anymore. Monsieur Marius is just too out of reach for me. Why do I even try? All the other girls fawn over him plenty. Why should I even bother?

I did nothing today but weep. My parents hate me, Marius doesn't feel the same way, and Gavroche is risking his life with that blasted barricade. My tears fall even as I write this entry.

My sheets are drenching wet and my wails of sorrow fill the inn, much to the displeasement of my parents. Not even my sister Azelma can understand what hardship I go through.

This sudden bought of rainy weather is a welcome to me. My head is filled with horrible thoughts, and some strolling around in my sorrow ought to do something for me. I walked outside this dreary morning and onto the shining pavenment below. My sad expression could scarcely be seen in the puddles that were starting to form. In anger, I splashed the reflection away, soaking my shoes and socks.

Defeated, I shrunk down behind a stairwell and slid sadly down the wall, clutching my knees on the ground and sobbing silently. I must admit, I was an awful wreck, just sitting in the rain and crying my eyes out.

I could hardly take notice of the people walking by, my eyes were to clouded to acknowledge or even care about them.

Unfortunately, Diary, I must cut this entry short, because it gives too much grief to relive today's events.

Until tomorrow.