Chapter 7;Down The Path

After the three short troops were done paying they went to the front of the store to organize their new found joys. Crystal placed 12 new wooden arrows in her sheath on her back that lay over her long knotted hair and then pulling out four cookies and gorging them down to only a few tiny little crumbs. Haru put his freshly cleaned sword on his side. Next he grabbed a rice ball and started to eat as Kohamaru placed all the food away in their new lunch bags knowing they would have to make a stop in the woods to find all of The supplies that they dropped in the ogre battle. Once he was done he turned to his share of food and took it in his bruised hand.
"Let's get going now." Kohamaru instructed and then placed a mouth full of rice in his mouth.
Everyone stood up and started off down the dirt road, taking bites of food as they marched along. When they arrived at the forest edge Crustal hopped up onto Haru's strong back. He stumbled back by the new added weight but quickly adjusted to it. "Crystal how far are we from home?" Asked Haru grabbing her muddy boots to keep both of them balanced.
"A long way from home." She replied with a giggle. "And you guys better not keep asking like when we were walking here." Kohamaru grinned at this comment.
"Hey Crystal how much farther?" Kohamaru said with a small chuckle until he felt a hard smack on his head and looked over to see Crystal glaring at him. "Fine I get it."
After about a mile in Haru set down his 'little girl'. "You're to heavy." He stated plainly.
"Awe man you couldn't carry me just another quarter of a mile." Crystal groaned and stuck her tongue out at Haru.