Chapter 7

Chapter 7

That night, young college aged ponies were planning a revolution for tomorrow. They met where they always did, at the Cafe Moosain. The leader, Pinkie Pie, was explaining everything to her noble revolutionaries. “Shining Armor, do we have all the guns?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Yes, Pinkie,” Shining Armor replied. “At Notre Dane we have sections all prepared too.”

“Okay, so tomorrow we... Rainbow Dash! Put the bottle down!” Pinkie Pie shouted at Rainbow Dash, who was drinking yet another bottle of cider.

“I'm sorry!” Rainbow Dash apologized. “It's just so good!”

Pinkie Pie sighed. “The time is near, my friends,” she started her speech. “It's so near it's stirring the blood in their veins. But beware, don't let the cider go to your brains,” she told everyone, Rainbow Dash especially. “We need a sign! To rally the people, to call them to arms, to bring them in line!” Just then Spike came into the cafe.

Shining Armor was the first to notice. “Spike!” he greeted him. Spike seemed like he was in a daze. “What's wrong?”

Rainbow Dash noticed Spike's face looked a little pale. “Some cider?” she asked. Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes.

“I-I-I,” Spike said. He then took a deep breath. “I saw the most beautiful mare today in the streets. But she was there at one point, then she was gone.”

“Ha!” Rainbow Dash laughed. “Are you serious? You've never been this crazy about a girl!” she said. She then looked at Pinkie Pie. “You talk of battles to be won! And here he comes like an obsessed brony!”

“What's a brony?” Spike asked.

Pinkie Pie patted Spike on the back. “He's drunk, Spike,” she told him. “He's talking nonsense. There is no such thing as a brony. Now back to my revolution! Blue! The faces of the dead! White! The light of future's front! Blue! A world that's freezing cold! White! The morning that starts at last!”

“I know,” he said. “But I can't get her out of my head.”

“Spike, you're no longer a child,” Pinkie Pie told him. “I don't doubt you mean it well, but now there is a higher call. Who cares about your lonely soul? When we strive towards a larger goal. Our little lives don't count at all! Blue!”

“The faces of the dead!” the revolutionaries yelled.

“White!” Pinkie Pie shouted.

“The light of future's front!”

“Blue!” Pinkie Pie shouted looking at Spike. Spike didn't care about this.

“A world that's freezing cold!”

“White!” Pinkie Pie shouted again.

“The morning that starts at last!”

“Listen everypony!” Shining Armor called out. He was now standing next to Scootaloo, who just entered.

“General Lamark is dead!” Scootaloo told everyone.

“His death is the sign we await!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “His funeral day we will honor his name. A light of rebellion a blaze in their eyes. From the candles of grief we will kindle our flame. The tomb of Lamark shall our barricade rise. The time is near! Let us welsome it gladly with courage and cheer!”

“Let us take to the streets with no doubt in our hearts!” Shining Armor called. “With a jubilant shout we will come one and all!”

“We will come when they call!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

Fluttershy then walks up the stairs of the cafe. Spike rushes to her. “Did you find her?” he asked.

Fluttershy looked at him and nodded. “Follow me.”

* * *

That same night, Rarity was in her cottage with Twilight. Rarity had been just as blown away by Spike as she was to Spike. It had been a life changing moment for both of them. Twilight then barged into Rarity's room. “I'm sorry you are so lonely,” she apologized.

Rarity smiled. “It's fine,” she told her. “But please tell me why.”

“No!” Twilight snapped at her. “You will find out when you are ready!”

Rarity was alarmed by her actions and went into the garden of the cottage. Out there were beautiful flower beds. She loved just sitting on the bench out there and looking at the flowers.

* * *

Meanwhile, Fluttershy was taking Spike to Rarity. They had arrived at the wrought iron gate that separated the cottage and the city. Rarity was there too. Spike approached the gate while Fluttershy stayed back. Rarity went up to the gate too. They had stared at each other for the longest time. They both knew they were perfect for each other. Which made Fluttershy even sadder.

She just watched them. They stared at each other until Twilight called from the cottage, “Rarity! Rarity! You know you can't do that!” Rarity then walked back inside the cottage.

Spike then leaves the gate, and leaves Fluttershy standing there. She tried to take it in, but it was too heartbreaking. “Who is?” someone said. Fluttershy turned and saw her father with a bunch of other men walking towards her.

“That is your daughter!” another man said.

“Fluttershy?” Discord asked. “What are you doing here? You're not needed in this!”

“I know this place, father,” she told him. “It's the old mare and the other one. They live ordinary lives, father. Just leave them be.”

“Don't interfere!” Discord scolded her. “Now go away!”

“I'm gonna scream!” Fluttershy threatened.

“Sure, your scream isn't that loud,” Discord said. Fluttershy then screamed really loudly. Discord was shocked. “You will pay!” Fluttershy then spat in his face. “You'll scream alright!” he said giving her a slap across the face.

* * *

Inside the cottage, Twilight heard the scream. She rushed into Rarity's room. “It must be Applejack, she's found my cover! We have to hurry! Rarity, get packing we need to get to England as fast as we can,” Twilight told her.

“What?” Rarity said thinking about Spike.

“Yes, you must hurry,” Twilight ordered her. She then turned and left.

“Oh, my,” Rarity said. She then quickly wrote a letter to Spike. She then went outside and put the letter in the gate, hoping he'd come back and see it.

Fluttershy saw her put the letter in the door. She then went over to it and grabbed it. She then put took it and crumpled it up and hid it in her wing. No one could see it. Only she knew it was there. Because it's always been Fluttershy all on her own.