Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The following day, Mayor Stirrup was doing mayor things when Applejack came though the door. Stirrup looked up from what she was doing. “Yes?” she asked Applejack.

Applejack put her head down. “Fire me now,” she told her.

Stirrup looked at her strangely. “Why?” Stirrup asked.

“I've made a false report,” Applejack answered swallowing hard.

“Of what?”

“I mistook you for a convict,” she confessed. “Now I learn they caught the culprit. He's about to face the court.” Stirrup listened intently trying to hide her astonishment. “The culprit, of course, denies it. You'd expect that. But she couldn't run forever, no not even Twilight Sparkle.”

“Has he been shown any understandings?” Stirrup asked.

Applejack shook her head. “She broke her parole, that should never be shown forgiveness or understanding,” Applejack told Stirrup. “You can press charges against me now.”

Stirrup shook her head. “No,” she answered. “You've done really no wrong, now go back to your post.”

Applejack didn't understand, but nodded her head and left.

Stirrup then fell back in her seat. “They think that mare is me, without a second glance,” she said talking to herself. “I have a bunch of townspeople and they all look up to me. If I speak I am condemned, if I stay quiet I am slammed.”

Stirrup, or Twilight we will only call her Twilight from now on, dropped everything on her desk and fled the mayor's office. She walked to her house. She went in her bedroom and sat on her bed. She sat and looked at a table in her room that had two silver candlesticks on it. “Who am I?” she said to herself contemplating whether she should tell the court of who she was. She then had made up her decision. “I'm Twilight Sparkle.”

She then ran out of the house and quickly went to the courtroom where they were having the trial. She bursted through the doors and walked straight up to the podium. “This man,” Twilight said pointing a red stallion to her left, “bares no more guilt then you. Who am I? 24601!”

“Monsieur le Mayor,” the judge said, “you are sick. We will get you to the hospital.”

“No! No! I'm telling the truth! Go ask Inspector Applejack!” Twilight told them.

The judge ignored him and brought him to the hospital. The same hospital that Cadence was at. Twilight was brought in, but she didn't get a bed there. She walked up to where Cadence was. Poor Cadence was hallucinating now. She thought she saw her daughter. “Rarity, come to me,” she said looking at the curtain. “Rarity, the light is fading. Come rest against my shoulder.”

Twilight thought she was crazy. Cadence was getting worse with every passing minute. Twilight couldn't bare to see her in such terrible condition. “Cadence, your daughter will be here soon,” Twilight told her. She then muttered, “I hope.”

Cadence stopped her hallucination smile. And looked at Twilight. “Where did she go? She was right there!” Cadence said.

Twilight then used her aura and covered Cadence up with the covers. “Be at peace, Cadence. Rarity will be in my protection,” Twilight assured her.

Cadence looked up and smiled at Twilight. “You've surely come from Heaven,” she told her. Twilight smiled too. “Tell Rarity I love her, and I'll see her when I wake,” were Cadence's last words. When she had said her last word, her eyes had slowly shut on her very pale pink face.

Twilight smiled, but couldn't help but have a little tear roll down her cheek. Twilight said a little prayer for Cadence, hoping that she will make it into Heaven. Her prayer was so rudely interrupted by, “Sparkle, at last, we see each other plain. Ready to go back to jail?” It was Inspector Applejack. She had hoofcuffs ready to arrest Twilight.

Twilight got up from where she as kneeling. “Before you say another word, Applejack. Before you chain me up, there is something I have to do,” Twilight explained. “This mare leaves behind a suffering child. There is only me who can take care of her. Please, three days are all I need. Then I'll return I pledge my word.”

Applejack stepped closer. “You must think me mad, I hunted you across the years. Mares like you can never change, a mare such as you,” Applejack told her. Twilight opened her mouth to speak, but Applejack spoke first, “Come with me No. 24601.”

Twilight then ran to the other side of the hospital. Applejack followed. Twilight then opened a door and jumped into the sea, which is what the door led to. Applejack was about to jump, but decided not to. Applejack will never stop the hunt for Twilight Sparkle, never.