Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A few minutes later there was a sound of something collapsing in the street. Mayor Stirrup, or Twilight Sparkle, looked out the window and saw a toppled over cart. She then quickly got up from her desk and ran outside. She saw the cart and saw a stallion underneath it. Stirrup then used her magic to lift the heavy object, no other unicorn could lift something this heavy. When Stirrup had saved the stallion from near death she looked up and saw Inspector Applejack staring at her.

“Is this true? I don't believe it,” Applejack muttered to herself. She then spoke to Stirrup and said, “A mare your age, to be as strong as you are. You make me think of a man, who broke his parole and disappeared.” Applejack shook her head. “I'm so sorry for my silly assumption.”

Stirrup still looked at Applejack. “It's fine,” is all she could muster up at the moment.

Applejack didn't think it was just a silly assumption, no. She thought it was absolutely positive that the mayor was Twilight Sparkle. Which leads to Applejack's decision.

* * *

That night, Cadence was near the docks. The docks are where all the sailors go to... well you get the idea. She was desperate for money, and easy money, so this is the first place she went. She originally just came for the pawn shop here, but got more than she expected.

“Hey there, lovely mare,” some gross looking stallion. “I've been waiting for good poke.” He then poked Cadence.

Cadence made an uncertain face. She went to the pawnbroker. “Here's a piece of my daughter's mane,” she told the pawnbroker giving him a locket with a lock of purple hair inside.

The pawnbroker examined it. “I'll give you four bits for that,” he told her.

“Four? It's worth ten!” Cadence told him.

The pawnbroker rolled his eyes. “Five, I'm leaving it at that.”

Cadence thought about it and gave it to him. In return he gave her the five bits. She turns to leave, but someone was pulling her hair. “What pretty hair, what pretty locks you've got there,” an ugly old unicorn told her. “You're hair is worth a lot. I'll take it all!”

Cadence backed away. “Don't touch me! Leave me alone!” Cadence yelled at her. She turned and tried to leave.

The old unicorn called, “I'll give you ten gold bits. What do you say to that?”

Cadence stopped and turned around. Ten gold bits would pay for most of the medicine for her daughter. “Did you say ten?”

The old unicorn smiled and nodded. “So, what do you say?” she asked.

Cadence thought it was in her best interest to say, “Ten bits could save my sick, Rarity.”

The old unicorn then summoned her into an alley way where she cut all her mane off. Cadence wasn't bald, but had something similar to a buzz cut. Cadence felt horrible, she was cutting off her beautiful blonde, pink, and purple locks. When it was over, she looked at the old unicorn and asked, “You wouldn't have any work for me, would you?”

The old unicorn shook her head. “Go and see them,” she told Cadence pointing to some more gross looking people. These people were a pair of a disgusting looking earth pony and a little gross unicorn stallion.

Cadence walked over to them. Before she could ask for work the gross unicorn stallion picked her up with his aura and tied her down in a chair. “Let's take two teeth, shall we?” he asked her.

Cadence shook her head. Before she knew it these dirty pincers were going in her mouth taking out two teeth. It hurt so much. Even though she had no hair and two teeth were gone, she was still very beautiful. She will stay beautiful in her soul, until her next way for money.

The earth pony mare who was next to the gross unicorn stallion brought a Pegasus captain to Cadence. The earth pony whispered in Cadence's ear, “He's all yours.”

Cadence looked at the earth pony. “What?” she asked.

“You want 50 gold bits, don't you?” the earth pony asked. Cadence nodded her head. “Then have a go at him.”

Cadence was about to run away from this place, but she needed 50 gold bits. So she went through with this and “had a go” at the Pegasus captain.

When all the badness had gone by, Cadence sat upright in the bed she had just “had a go” with the captain on. Cadence put her hand to her head. “I never thought that this would happen,” Cadence told herself. “I only dream of good things. Like getting to my daughter.”

* * *

About a month later, Cadence was now a very well known whore. Everyone wanted to “have a go” at her. She did it as much as she could to get all the money she could, that is the problem though.

One day she was in the snow, it was in January, and was waiting for someone to get. Then a well dressed stallion came to her. Cadence looked up at him. “Hey there,” she told him.

“You've got some nerve,” he said to her. He then pushed Cadence down into the snow. She got so cold. She then got so angry she slashed the stallion with her horn. Where she slashed him, it was gushing up blood. “You-you,” he told her. Cadence hadn't realized how bad the slash was. “Police! Police!” he shouted.

Just then the police came, they were walking just outside where the docks were. “Tell me quickly what's the story. Who saw what and why and where? Who attacked this man? Let them answer to Applejack,” the police said. It was Inspector Applejack who was about to arrest Cadence.

“I was... walking here in the dark,” the well dressed stallion said. “Then this prostitute attacked me, you can see she left her mark.” He then pointed to the scratch on his face.

Applejack eyed Cadence. “She will answer for her actions, she will answer to the court,” Applejack told the stallion while looking at Cadence.

Cadence shook her head as the other two police men with Applejack took her arms. “I have a daughter and she needs me. Please she's not even that. If I go to jail she'll die,” Cadence told Applejack.

Applejack rolled her eyes. “I've heard this all before,” she said to Cadence. “If I were you, I'd save your breath and your tears.”

“Wait!” Mayor Stirrup said coming out of the darkness. Everyone turned to her. “I believe what she says!”

Applejack stared at Stirrup in disbelief. “Monsieur le Mayor,” Applejack said.

Stirrup ignored her. “Applejack, she needs a doctor not a jail,” she tried to reason. Applejack rolled her eyes and watched the rest o the scene. Stirrup then went over to Cadence. “Come on, let's go.”

Cadence backed away. “No,” she told him. Stirrup didn't understand. “If it weren't for you I wouldn't be here.”

“What do you mean?” Stirrup asked.

“The law you made,” Cadence told him. “You can't have a child if you want to work.” Stirrup felt guilty now. “And now my daughter is going to die soon.”

Stirrup then picks Cadence up with her strength. “Where is your daughter?” she asked as she brought Cadence to a hospital.

“In an inn in Montfurmule,” Cadence answered.

“I will send for her immediately,” Stirrup told her. “I will see it down.”

Cadence was then brought to a hospital. They had found out she had gotten a terribly deathly cold from the snow she had fallen in. She will die soon.