Chapter 1

I'm going to tell you now that my book moves fast. If you don't like that then this isn't the book for you. For those that do, I hope you enjoy this first chapter.

Carly up top^^^^Carly's POV:

As you know I'm Carly Kingston.

I'm 17 years old. I have brown hair that flows down to the center of my back with forest Green eyes, and I'm 5'4. My mother, Lauren, passed away in a car accident. My father thinks it's my fault because she was on her way to pick me up from school.

I was 10 when she died, and from then on my life went down hill.

She was a sweet, kind, beautiful, woman and I was so lucky to be able to call her my mother. That was the only time I ever saw him happy. We were all one big happy family. Anything that has to do with my mom is just a trigger for him.

He would slap me if I talk about her.

Now, don't look at me different then you were before you were reading this, but I self harm. But good things here I have been clean for 3 months.

I may even be able to quit.

Now that you know about me lets get back to reality shall we?

I woke up to my father yelling at me. What was he saying? I have no clue. I look at my alarm and see its 8:30 am. I have 30 minutes to get to school and it's a 10 minute walk, but I also have to make my dad breakfast.

It doesn't take me long to get ready. I throw on some black skinny jeans and a black shirt. I put on some makeup to cover up the bruise on my right cheek where he punched me last night for waking him up when I was cleaning up the kitchen. I throw on my converses before running down stairs to make him breakfast. I make him some eggs, bacon, and a glass of orange juice. I put it on the table and head toward the door. As I grab ahold of my bag, my father decides to speak up.

"You better come sraight home! If you are a minute late you'll regret it!" He yelled in my face then slapped me.

I hold in my tears. I will not let him have the satisfaction of knowing that he hurt me. He continues his abuse eventually knocking me to the ground. Then grunts at me and leaves.

I stand up and walk out the door, with much effort.

I check the time and see that it's 8:45. Oh good that beating wasn't as long as the others. He must have been hungry.

I get to school and try not to show my pain. I see my two best friends: Sara and Savannah. They are so pretty I don't know why they hang out with me when they can be in the popular crowd.

Sara Adams is 17. She has blonde hair that goes down to her bum that she usually wears in a pony tail. She has hazel eyes, I just love her eyes by the way. She is 5'7 a little taller then me but I'm short so it doesn't matter.

Savannah Pierce is 17. She has blue hair that goes about an inch past her shoulders and her eyes change color. She is 5'8. She has a lip piercing too. It's a ring around her lip and a belly piercing.

I'm in love with her hair. If I was allowed to dye it I would.

Walking up to them I say my 'good mornings' and they return. We hear the bell and start walking to class. I have History first.

Man, I hate History!

My teachers name is Mr. Greg. Funny name. I walk in class and sit in the seat next to the window.

He walks in and introduces himself and tells us about what we are going to be doing this year. I zone out and look out the window.

The bell rings and I walk out of class.

Pretty boring.. but that's my life.

Next period I have science with Savannah.

I walk in and greet Mrs. Davis.

She's a really nice teacher. She has brown curly hair that flows down to the middle of her back. She is in her mid-twenties. She has hazel eyes.

The bell rings and me and Savannah sit next to each other.

This class goes just like the last one me staring out the window and her talking.

"Mrs. Kingston!" I look back at her

"Yes ma'am?"

"Are you paying attention?"

"Yes ma'am I am." She gives me a disbelieving look.

"Then tell me what I said." I raise my eye brow and put my elbows on the desk.

"You were talking about how each semester we will be doing a book report." She looked at me and nodded.

Stupid, teacher. Just because I wasn't looking at you, doesn't mean I wasn't listening.

School went on like that the whole day. Teachers explaining cap trying to call students out.. stupid stuff. 

Next thing I know I'm on my way home. I open the door to see my dad there looking pissed. Oh crap.

________________
*edited*