Part Eight.

I chased the girls into the woods, their screams echoing through the trees, my heart accelerated at painful speeds. I tried using Sophia's scent to find her but it was going in all directions. I fell to my knees trying to figure out how to find the girls without my heart ripping out of my chest from the pounding.

Suddenly it stopped. Everything... stopped, the sceams, the pain, the panic. Time stood still, unmoving, frozen. The blood in my veins stopped circulating and lost it's warmth, the air in my lungs stopped flowing. I felt nothing, I thought nothing. I felt no need to breathe, no need to move, no need to do anything, as my head cleared. My blood started moving. Started melting the ice it became. My lungs started expanding, breathing in, breathing out.

My body remained calm as time started moving once again, the screams of my mate, Arya and Sydney continued. I saw the path of grass that had been trampled by several feet that I had failed to notice earlier.

~~~~~

As I followed the path I was led to a clearing where a single man stood in the middle, a midnight black cloak upon his back, hidding his face. His hands reached up to the edges of his hood and shoved it away from his head. As the hood fell down to rest at his shoulders dark brown hair came into view.

His clothing all black and torn, his eyes a pure silver and deceptively young, but the closer you looked the more age began to show. He looked older then my father's father and older than his father and so on, his eyes held the knowledge of a hundred scholars and sages and the haunted look of a thousand tortured men like he had seen hell and back.

Instinctively I stepped forwand and kneeled, my head bowed. I stood as he began to speak.

"To break the curse to end the prophecy, find the parts of a whole, or torn in two will be your soul, complete the riddle complete the game, so history it's self will never repeat again."

He drew his hood back over his head before reaching his hand out to touch my heart.

~~~~

I jolted up in bed but a weight on my chest kept me from raising up all the way. I woke up with Sophia laying on top of me snuggled in my arms her head tucked under my chin. I breathed out, shaken, about my dream. Gently scooting her off me I pulled the blankets away from my now sweating body.

Walking in to the kitchen I saw a pot of coffee already made and my mother staring out the window.

"Mom? What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing but I have a feeling I already know." She turned around with a grim and sad smile on her face.

"What do you mean, are you okay mom?"

"Come, follow me."

She said as she pushed her self off the chair she was sitting at and walked down the hallway not even looking to see if I was following her.

"I was your age when they started."

She said suddenly breaking the comfortable silence, somehow, I knew what she was talking about.

"The dreams?" She stopped and looked at me before putting her hand to my cheek.

"No, my dear, these are not dreams. These are visions of the future, what you saw will come to pass whether you try to avoid it or not it will happen. No one can escape fate and it seems that fate has a twisted fascination with our family blood line."

She brushed her thumb under my cheek a single tear rolled down her face before dropping her hand and swiftly turning around continuing down the hall leaving me speechless.