Part Four.

"Kid. Come on kid wake up."

I opened my eyes but quickly closed them painfully as bright sunlight shone directly in my eyes.

"Maxwell what time did you go to bed?"

"I don't know I lost track after two in the morning."

"Why were you up so late?"

"Technically I was up early."

"Maxwell."

"I told Sydney I would do her homework for a week if she didnt tell you I met my mate."

"What?!"

Uh-oh. She wanted to be the first one to know.

"I said Sydney was upset about not meeting her mate yet so I told her to relax for a week and I would take care of her school stuff."

"Right. Get ready for school and dinner afterwards." She said walking through the door leaving me alone.

Twenty minutes later I stepped out of the shower and dressed for school.

Althrough class all I could think of was dinner tonight with my parents and mate. Oh and Philip, his mate and his parents.

Pulling my books out of my locker I saw the reflection of a large shadow sneaking behind me holding something above it's head.

I heard the air around my head change meaning the person launched the object. I ducked under the projectile before I heard it crack and ooze on my locker.

I turned and grabbed the person by the collar of their shirt before slamming them to the ground.

Looking at my locker to see what the object was I was dumbfounded to see a raw egg. Glancing down I saw Dillion laughing his head off. Block head.

"Dillion what the heck were you thinking?!"

"Oh calm down man it was just a joke, geez."

"Don't tell me to calm down! I could have killed you, I didn't know who you were!!" I yelled as I jerked him off the ground.

"Don't you have a date tonight?" He asked changing the subject.

"How did you hear about that?"

"Eh, gossip girls around school."

"Oh okay yeah I do. Hey, I'm sorry about missing your party."

"It's fine. I'll see you around I have plans to make and parties to rock."

I laughed as he walked down the hall flirting with random girls.

I turned back to my locker before I caught the scent of cinnamon and black morning glories. I followed the scent until I found Sophia at her locker talking to Arya.

She was wearing a plain black hoddie and skinny jeans, simple, but man she looked hot. I walked over and put my nose in the crook over neck and wrapped my arms around her.

Sophia tensed as Arya babbled reasons she needed to go and left like her tail was on fire. My wolf was getting restless and started growling as I noticed Soph smelled faintly like blood and another man.

"Sophia, why do you smell like blood, are you okay?" I tried keeping my wolf at bay from finding the man who's scent was on my mate and ripping him apart.

"Im fine. I accidentally fell in to a rose bush thats all." She said dismissing my concern.

"Let me see, your wolf should have healed you already." I tried to pull her jacket up but she pulled away before I could.

"Max it's nothing just drop it please."

"No, if your hurt I'm not going to just drop it. I promised to protect you and I never break my promises."

I slung her over my shoulder ignoring her protests and carried her to the mens bathroom barking orders for everyone to get out and lock the door leaving me alone with my mate.

She finally let me take off her jacket after several long minutes of debating. I gently rolled the sleeves of her shirt up before growling loud enough to make Sophia flinch and punch the nearest mirror making it shatter.

Black, blue, purple, pink and red all covered her arm. It looked like she was mugged by a box of crayons every color was painted on her arms.

"Lift your shirt." My alpha tone coming out unintentionally.

She silently obeyed my command lifting her shirt no higher than her bra but it was high enough for me to grip the sink hard enough for it to crack and Sophia to squeal and latch onto me.

Her abdomen had scars all over it and was covered in new cuts and burns. But it was the gashes that looked worse than anything else and were covered by blood soaked bandages. The wounds looked fresh as if they had just been made seconds ago, meaning she was beaten with silver.

I combed my hands through her hair just trying to calm myself down before picking her up and placing her on a non broken sink.

"Who did this to you?" She looked down not answering, tears starting to stream down her face.

"Please answer me, who did this to you?"

"I-I c-can't."

"You better tell me, before I give you the puppy eyes." She smiled and choke/laughed and buried her head under my chin listening to my heart beat.

"Love, I need to know, who did this to you please, please tell me. I'll do anything."

"M-my f-f-father." As soon as I take care of my mate I'm having a talk with this 'father' of hers.

Pulling down her shirt so she was completely covered I carried her to my car before driving back home. I carried her all the way up to my room and set her down on my bed before walking to the bathroom getting clean gauze and disinfectants. I pulled back her shirt as much as I modestly could before cleaning the silver inflicted wounds. The rest of the cuts and bruises I let my wolf licked away until the skin healed back.

I walked to the door about to leave when she called me back.

"Max? Will you stay with me, pretty please?"

I nodded, crawling back in bed with her and holding her against my chest.

"Soph, will you tell me who your father is?" She shivered and huddled closer in my chest.

"Alpha Leo."