Bad Day? Or is it good?

After waiting a millennium, a figure appeared threw the door. It was a tall kid my age, he had jet black hair and icy blue eyes that were intimidating upon my dark eyes, he looked kind of like Percy Jackson, funny right? I stood up and grabbed my backpack from my chair. He looked really tall next to me, It's not that i'm short but...okay,okay i am short. I hated to admit it but I was scared of this Evan guy. I held my breath the whole time we walked down the hall to our next class. We stayed in silence and Evan kept staring at me, the awkwardness of the situation was eating me alive.
We got to the door of the class and he opened the door for me.
"Ladies first" he said. That was the first time i heard him talk. He flashed me a smile which was weird and I just walked in the classroom. 42 eyeballs connected with mine making me rock back and forth on the heels of my foot. I looked over to what i thought was my teacher. She had brown hair and gray eyes framed by glasses she was wearing a pencil skirt and a blouse. She gave me a smile, my face curled up in confusion as I realized, it was a fake smile. My eyes darted back to Evan, you could hear a pin drop. Finally the teacher spoke.
"Okay class so today we have a new student. Would you like to introduce yourself?" She said. I nodded
"Uh. Hello, my name is Ellie Villamar" I said "My parents are from central america, but i was born in Arizona" I lied, they couldn't know that i came here a few days ago, It was very possible that some people might want to tell the immigration.
"HEY!" everyone said in unison, boredom showed in their voices.
"Okay Ellie so you can take a seat right there next to Hannah" she said pointing to a blond girl in the corner of the room.
I walked over to her, disgust showed in her face. What was with these people! They looked at me like a stray dog.
"Elliot, is it?" Hannah said.
"Uh. Actually it's Ell-" I replied, but was cut short.
"I don't care. Could you scoot your chair over a little, you smell." she said scrunching up her pointy little nose.
My face got red in embarrassment, I knew she was lying, I may be from a poor place and not have the best clothes but that doesn't meant I don't wash my clothes or take showers. Anyways, I was proud of my worn clothes and she had no right to insult me but I just stayed quiet and took deep breaths, scooting over like she told me to.
Lunch rolled along and I again for the third time walked silently with Evan to the cafeteria. Everywhere I went people stared at me, somehow I knew it wasn't because of the way I dressed. I felt as if Evan thought of me as a job, like babysitting a two year old. I look a seat in a random chair in a round table. I was trying to ignore the stares burning the back of my head as i looked down at the wooden table. I felt a shadow on top of me. I carefully looked up expecting it to be Evan, telling me to remember to do the homework for the third time. But instead it was a blonde girl with menacing eyes and glittery makeup. She was carrying a purse. Wait, was she wearing stilettos, yep those where stilettos indeed with yet again glitter plastered on it. I hadn't seen anyone with so much glitter in my whole 12 years of living.
"Hey!" she said bitter-sweetly. "Could you do us a favor and hop your ugly shoes to the trash can, this is our table"
I laughed nervously. But inside me I was boiling with anger, I was clenching my fists and like that i obeyed their order, like a dog would and went to an empty table. Another shadow appeared and by now I was furious. I whipped my head up to see Evan and I sighed in relief.
"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he nodded. "Why doesn't anyone like me?" He asked.
"I don't know, but we are friends, aren't we?" He replied
"Yeah. I guess" I said with a small smile. But in reality my mind was burning with the passion of knowing why I wasn't wanted, even by the teacher which I found was the name of Ms. Jensen.
So hope you enjoyed :D
Vote
Comment
Eat A Potato