Important Life Events

Chapter: Important Life Events

I wish that I could say that my important life events were all smooth sailing, but it’s not. This is a short chapter about my fails in my attendance of important life events (weddings, Christenings, Baptisms, etc.)

I would have a longer chapter, but I couldn’t remember anything more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story #1:

In our church, when you are finally baptized, you have to receive a Bible on stage. I was one of the last people to get baptized due to my name. When I was finally baptized, I only had 3 minutes before we went on stage, so I quickly put on my clothes, dried myself and went out of the changing rooms. We were then called to be on stage, name by name. First it was a few people then my mum and then me. When I was on stage, my mum realized that I had my zipper down. She whispered to me about it. Without thinking, I zip the zipper back up in front of the whole church, just as my mother was about to receive her Bible. Everyone saw me zip my zipper up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story #2:

 It was my Auntie’s Wedding and the family did their photo shoot and make-up in a well known hotel in the area. I was so excited that I would finally be able to experience an official wedding. When it was time for us to leave for the church, I ran head first into the elevator, clicked the button and waited for the rest of the family to arrive. Suddenly the doors to the elevator closed. In a moment of panic, I tried to press the button that would open the elevator, tired to press the button that would send me back to the floor I was in, and the button that would close the elevator.

The elevator malfunctions and causes me to be stuck in the elevator. Then I remembered all those elevator scenes in horror movies. How the person in the elevator would die, and never come out. I thought that this was how I would die. I fell on the floor and started crying. I was my goodbyes to my parents, cousins, and aunties and uncles. I remember wishing my Auntie a pleasant wedding. Just then the Elevator opens and all my relatives, my parents, cousins, and dozens make-up artists and camera men were standing in front of the elevator. They all saw me on the floor crying. They also heard everything I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story #3:

It was my best friend’s birthday, and we were going karaoke. A friend of mine and I came on time, and wondered where they were. Turns out they were still going here all the way from the other side of town, as revenge, I texted her that I wasn’t going to make it. I got a reply saying that she was expecting me especially to come. She didn’t know however that we were in the Karaoke room, waiting. Just then a man came in and told us if we needed anything, we declined and closed the door, locking it. So we spent the next thirty minutes waiting.

When she finally arrived with the others, they tried to open the door, but realized it was locked. My friend and I noticed this and for some strange reason, I unlocked the door and quickly hid. It was stupid of me to do that because, they were going to get an employee to open it, and even if I did manage to hide when the door opened, they would still think it’s strange, considering it just unlocked itself. The moment the door opened they saw my body scurry away under the table, and yelled after me.