"She'll be fine!" Sam suddenly appears beside me, wrapping one arm around my shoulder, "I'll take good care of her for you Xavie Poo."

Xavier glares at the nickname as I smile. "I'll come find you in a couple of hours, if you need anything just call me."

"I'll be fine" I reassure him, he seems unsure as he stares at Sam whose smiling widely at him.

"Just go already" Sam practically shoves him out the door. "We don't need your grumpy presence with us." Xavier rolls his eyes as he walks out the door, leaving Sam and I alone in the kitchen. "Hungry?" Sam asks, I'm about to answer when he speaks again. "Of course you are, whose ever not hungry?"

"Do you want help?" I ask, watching as he pulls different ingredients that don't seem to go with each other out from the fridge.

"No, no" Sam brushes me off. "You just sit and relax, ask me anything you want about Xavier. I know all of his embarrassing stories and basically the 101 of how to deal with him."

"You do?"

"Of course" he answers. "I've been preparing myself for the day he finally bought a girl home for years, he never has of course. Until you."

"Me?" I question. "I'm sure he's had plenty of girlfriends while you've known him."

"Nope" Sam shrugs. "Seriously, I've watched girls literally try everything in the book to get Xavier to sleep with them, and I mean everything." Sam seems distressed at the memory as a sour expression crosses his face. "It was disturbing, poor things - Xavier couldn't get away from them fast enough. Not that we have to worry about that with you, my innocent little poppet."

My nose scrunches at the nickname. "Shutup" I mutter, feeling the blush forming on my cheeks. Sam laughs as I weakly attempt to throw one of the wooden spoons at his big head.

"Hey, if you do want a piece of Xavier I'm sure all you'd have to do is ask and he'd drop at - "

"Sam no, stop talking." I warn, covering my ears with my hands as he laughs at me.

"I'm just saying" he shrugs innocently. "I can feel the sexual tension escalating - "

I groan loudly, covering my ears more with my hands as the blush spreads across my entire face. "No Sam."

"Okay, okay" Sam smirks at me as he lays the plate of grilled cheese sandwiches down for the two of us.

"How big do you think he is though?"

"Sam!" I slap his shoulder when he tries to sit beside me, totally mortified. Of course he isn't though, he laughs like it's the funniest thing in the world.

"Oh my poor, poor, innocent poppet" Sam chuckles and hands me a plate of grilled sandwich. "Xavier is going to have fun with you."

I try to ignore his comment and not let it effect me. "Xavier really hasn't had any girlfriends?" I ask, I'm not sure why I do. "Or is it just like some kind of bro code thing to say that."

"No really" Sam sits beside me. "Sure, when he was younger and trying to deal with the pressure of everything he slept around a lot, probably from when he was like 15." He takes a bite of his food as I swallow, 15? That's so young. "But he hasn't done anything like that since he started running the gang and he regretted it when he was doing it. I think it was just some kind of way of dealing with everything he had to manage, he was only a teenager then as well." Sam shrugs again. "He's had a pretty shitty life but he's still a good person considering."