Chapter One- Courtney Diamond

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket, I stole a look at my teacher, hoping he wasn't looking in my direction, and noticed he was too busy talking to one of the smarter kids at the front of the room, to care what I was doing. I took out my phone and read the message, 'Meet me in CR in 5.' It was a text from my best friend, Courtney Diamond.

Courtney happened to not only be my best friend but also what could be described as the queen bee of this school, college, what ever you want to call it, and I, I am her second in command. The one she turns to when she is in trouble, or more to the point, whenever she felt like it. Just like right now.

Sighing, I checked the time, it was just a little after ten past nine, we had only been in class for little over ten minutes and she had already been kicked out. I sighed and picked up my bag, throwing in my english folder before heading to the door.

"Miss James. Where do you think you're going?" My english teacher, Mr. Conroy, called out to me. His eyebrows were raised and his hands were on his hips, clearly unimpressed with my attempt to skive.

"To the nurse sir. I'm not feeling well." I said, clutching my stomach for that added effect. "I think I ate something bad."

"Uh-huh." He said, obviously not buying my cock-and-bull story. He rolled his eyes and motioned with his hand that it was fine for me to leave, before turning to continue his conversation, I nodded and quickly exited the class room. I slung my bag over my shoulder and headed to the common room.

Courtney and I were often bunking lessons, well she was usually sent out and I would make an excuse to leave, so that she wouldn't be on her own. It was the way we worked, we stuck together.

Courtney and I are your average collage students, both aged 17, trying to scrape a few A-levels, maybe head to Uni if we get good enough grades. Really we were both just interested in having a good time, trying to get in the littlest amount of trouble possible, well I am anyway.

I turned the corner nearest to the common room and almost walked straight into Courtney.

"There you are Mickie. What took you so long?" Courtney asked, she sounded annoyed, and when she was annoyed you knew about it.

"Mr. pain-in-the-arse Conroy wouldn't let me leave." She nodded, accepting my excuse. Like I said she was queen bee, I was just her sidekick, everything I did had to be accepted by her.

"So, did you get sent out?" I asked, as we walked into the deserted common room. No surprise there, everyone was supposed to be in lesson.

"Of course." She answered, rolling her eyes, making me feel like I had said something stupid. "Mrs. Lean hates me. It's because she's jealous." Courtney said as if refraining from adding duh. She sat down on one of the sofa's and took out her phone, and began to text with incredible speed.

I sat down on the couch opposite. "Jealous? Jealous of what?" I couldn't help but ask. There was so much to be jealous about when it came to Courtney.

"Jealous of my beauty silly." She said giggling, continuing to text. "And my popularity."

She was right about that. Everybody was jealous of how popular Courtney was. Practically everyone knew her name, and I'm not just talking about the school, I'm talking about the whole town. I suppose that is one of the perks of having well-known parents, her dad worked high up in the council and her mum was the co-owner of modelling agency that supplied models all over London. Unlike my parents who are your average joe office workers.