Prolouge

Rose
'I can't believe it! I just got on the Hogwarts express, I'm on my way to Hogwarts!' I thought to myself. I have been waiting for so long, most of my cousins are already at Hogwarts or have  finished and having seen them go only made me more excited to arrive.

I am currently sitting next to the window sharing a compartment with my best friend, and cousin, Albus. We are both staring out of the window as we speed by all the trees and nature. A sudden tapping on the door awakens us both from our trance. An average size 11 year old, blonde haired boy opened the compartment door.

"Errm, do you mind if I join you. Everywhere else is full..." He said.

"No we don't mind" I said. He sat down next to Albus "I'm Rose Weasley, and that's Albus Potter" I said and held my hand out for him to shake. He took it and beamed a bright smile.

"My names Scorpius-" He began as he looked down.

"Malfoy?" Albus finished for him.

"Yes. Look I'm sure you know what my father did but I'm not my father so-" Scorpius began again.

"We're not going to judge you on your father, Scorpius. You are your own person" I said to him.

"Yeah, I was only curious. I'm sorry for interrupting you" Albus said shyly.

"Thank you" Scorpius said simply. Then, yet again, the door slid open.

"Hello I was wondering- oh Rose, Albus!" Our childhood friend, Alice Longbottom, just walked in. She hugged both me and Albus then sat down beside me. " I'm sorry to be rude, but who are you?" She asked looking at Scorpius.

"My name is Scorpius Malfoy"

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Scorpius" she said shaking his hand. " so what house do you guys want to be in??"

"Gryffindor" I said instantly "though Ravenclaw is a close second"

"Gryffindor" Albus said " though I have a weird feeling I'm going to be in Slytherin, I don't really want to be in Slytherin"

"Don't worry Albus, if you are in Slytherin I'll be with you" Scorpius said.

"Do you want to be in Slytherin Scorpius?" Alice asked.

"Not really but I know that's where I'll be put" he replied.

"You never know Scorpius" I said "Alice, what house do you want to be in?"

"I really don't mind, I like every house" she replied. The conversation lasted all the way to Hogwarts and changed from quidditch to classes and from hobbies to family.

• • • • •

The great hall doors opened and I walked in my eyes darting everywhere looking in amazement. All the things I had read about in Hogwarts: A History were true. Me, Albus, Scorpius and Alice were near to the front, Neville , Alice's father and a herbology professor, stood up and began telling us all about the four houses and then began the sorting. He read out a few names I didn't recognise until he got to Alice.

"Longbottom, Alice" He said and placed the hat on her head.

The hat wasn't on her head for long before the hat roared "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Malfoy, Scorpius" Professor Neville said.

"Good luck" I whispered to Scorpius as he walked past me and up to the hat. He sat down and smiled at me as Neville placed the hat on his head.

The hat took longer this time, choosing what house to place Scorpius. "SLYTHERIN" The hat screamed into the hall and as Scorpius made his way towards the Slytherin table he shot me an 'I told you so' look. 

"Potter, Albus" I tapped Albus on the shoulder as he wasn't paying attention. He gave me a worried look.

"You will be fine" I whispered to him and he too went up and sat on the stool.

The hat was placed on his head and it was a long time before it spoke out Albus' fate.

"SLYTHERIN" 

The hall went silent and Albus didn't move, his face showed no emotion and I instantly felt guilt rush over me. Suddenly clapping fills the hall from James and I join in along with all out other relatives. Albus rises from the stool and makes his way over to Slytherin and my eyes follow him to see Scorpius welcome him with open arms. 

"Weasley, Rose" I made my way up and noticed I was the final first year to be sorted.

"Ahhh another Weasley, but different. I can see you inherited your mothers brains but both your parents bravery. It better be... GRYFFINDOR!!" I skipped my way over and sat beside Alice, I was welcomed by all the table. I already felt at home...

• • • • •

Well that was my first chapter hope you enjoyed. I just wanted to write a chapter about how it started so it made more sense to you, instead of throwing you inside the deep end. If you get me 😉

Until next time
- Rose x

UPDATE - 6th AUGUST 2018

I never actually realised how bad this book is until now. wow. I am in actual shock. Anyway, I'm starting to go through it to edit it in an attempt to make it better but I don't know how far I'll get with it before I stop because it's so bad. Still in shock. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed, also I hope to make more chapters soon. Byeeeee x