WHEN GOD VISITED THE 21st CENTURY AD

The news spread that God would appear soon! People started storming the religious places around the world. Few said it was a hoax but others claimed it to be true. Even scientists started receiving strange frequencies from the heavens.

And then one day He appeared from above, the sky luminated and bright lights blinded the people on earth. They almost couldn't figure His strange appearance. The wind stopped and the animals and insects fell silent. He descended slowly untill He touched the ground. The news channels declared with awe - At last He has landed!

The prominent religious leaders of the nations of the world, with their holy books, came forward to welcome Him. But then there was an uncertainty. The Christians had imagined Him with golden hairs and in a bright white grown, the Hindus thought he would be blueish and descend on a golden chariot, the Muslims had their own view and so did the Buddhists, Jains and others. Within the chaos and commotion He then showed himself to all.

He walked on four legs, because He was a little grazel! Then He walked on two, he was a small monkey! Again He crawled on the ground, he was a reptile!

After turning into hundreds of different life forms He finally took the shape of a plant. Everyone cheered and fell on their knees seeing their God's magical powers.

The religious leaders came forward to sing the hymns. One of then asked - My Lord, what is your real name? Are you Allah, God or Ishwar?

Another religious leader asked - Lord! Which language do you speak?

One of them asked - What do you look like Lord? Like an European? An Arabic? An Asian?

After a pause He replied - I have no name, I speak no languages and I dont have any shape.

One of the leaders said - But you're speaking Hindi!

Another said - No you're speaking English!

One said - I hear you speaking Urdu!

God said - You are fools! I speak the universal language of love! You hear through your own tongue! Look back! See those thousands of animals, even they understand what I say.

They looked back. The animals of all kind had gathered to witness Him.

One religious leader said - But they are not as wise as we are! How can they understand you? And why has they come to you? They don't pray and follow any religion!

HE said - I ordered you to follow me, but it's you who gave me different names. I taught you to be faithful, but you created religions. I taught you to be kind, but you began to dominate the other creatures. I taught you to be equal, but you started competing with each other! I have created you, but you've created your own world and rules to live in!

The religious leaders were ashamed, they fell on the ground and asked forgiveness before Him.

They asked - How do we correct ourselves Lord? Please show us a way! Give us a chance!

God said - There is a young hungry orphan crying hundred meters to the north from here. I shall forgive the one who feeds her first and take him or her to heaven after death!

Instantly everyone except the animals ran to the north, people pushed each other while some fell to the ground. God let out a knowing smile, He could see the soulless body of the girl who had died that morning crying for a scrap of food.

Just one little boy stood before Him without moving. He wore tattered cloths, was thin and seemed severely sick. God looked at him.

The little boy forwarded his hands to God. In them was an apple looking ripe and juicy.

God said - What is it?

The boy said - I was hungry, so I stole it from the vendor. Sorry, I did a sin. You can have it back if You want.

God said nothing. He then looked at the people who disappeared behind the buildings. They were as greedy as ever. They had been greedy for wealth, now they were greedy for heaven...

After a long quarrel the people finally discovered that the orphan was no more. They carried the body and retreated to God. But God was nowhere to be seen, the little boy had disappeared too.

One of the leaders broke down and said - Oh God! Tell me where do I find You again? Where do I find Your heaven?!

And so the story continues...