DRAGONS OF TIARA - A RISING

Far from the rule of kings and men, unknown to the world, there existed a paradise where the dragons reigned. Dragons who could speak, and were wise. They called their paradise 'The Seventh Kingdom'.

And in The Seventh Kingdom in a small neighbourhood of Tiara, there lived a young little dragon called Jasper. One day, he was walking to the sea with his father, his father being patient since Jasper still couldn't fly. Most dragons did so at his age. He was a twelve year old young dragon, loving and childish yet thoughtful.

Jasper looked at his father, a huge powerful dragon who was in the imperial army of the Dragon Lords. He had fought wars against the nation of the wicked Great Northern Vultures.

"When will I be able to breath out fire like you father?" he said.

"Sooner son. You'll be a fabulous dragon one day." his father said.

"My friends can fly but I can't." he said complaining.

"Don't worry, you can be the best flyer if you can believe."

"Believe?" He asked.

"Yes son. The greatest power a dragon has is to believe. If you can do that you can be the finest dragon ever!" his father said smiling at him.

"Okay father, I believe, and I'll be the best dragon ever!" he said with wide eyes, feeling confident. Then he jumped and hopped swaying his tail all the way to the sea shore. Once there, he splashed the salt water and played with the sand as his father looked over him.

"Father!" he called out, "Will you breath out fire for me once please?"

"Okay son. But only once."

"Alright!" he said, excited. Usually the dragons didn't waste their 'fire fuel' without a reason. But his father would at times consider his son's request since he loved him dearly.

His father took in a deep breadth, his chest puffed up, he looked up to the sky and released his breadth with tremendous amount of thrust. A great flame of fire flared up into the blue. The birds around shrieked and fled, a surge of heat spread and touched Jasper as the flame blazed bright engulfing the sun.

Then his father lifted Jasper to his back and said, "Hold on tight son!" He spread and flapped his huge wings. Clouds of dust twirled as he took off the ground and accelerated into great speed.

"Father look, the sea is touching the sky!"

"Yes son, that's the horizon. It's very far away."

"Did any dragon make it to the horizons?" he said with his naive words.

"No son, none did." his father said as he turned left homewards, his wings cutting through the air. Jasper looked back and wondered - What's there behind the horizons?

That evening Jasper sat under the moonlight. His parents were inside their marble cave home. He kept dreaming of the horizons that were never conquered. He saw colourful kingdoms beneath them, he imagined white dragons flying around and blowing massive fires into the sky. He imagined himself flying amongst those dragons and flapped his little wings in ecstasy. But he knew he couldn't fly. As his friends had said, he was deformed. He could see the concern in his parents' eyes.

"Jasper!" his mother called him.

"Yes mama!" he said.

"Come over here!"

He playfully ran up the stairs into the cave acting as if he was flying, with his wings spread.

"We shall go to visit Drake tomorrow son." his father said.

"Uncle Drake?"

"Yes son, be ready."

Next day Jasper had flown to Drake's on his father's back. Drake, his father's old friend and an expert on Dragonology, studied Jasper's every inch making the young dragon rather uncomfortable.

Then he looked up at his old friend. "He won't be able to fly for the next six years since his rear bones on the wings are weak." he said.

"Oh!" said Jasper's father as he looked at Drake. Till next six years Jasper's friends would be good flyers, he thought. He looked at his son looking back looking at him asking for answers. He had none.

"But he is bestowed with a wonderful gift I have never seen in my life!" Drake said.

"What's that?" Jasper's father said turning back to his friend.

"Watch." he said and stroke Jasper's belly. He then hit it with a whack at a particular point.

Jasper felt a warm something inside and a tendency to throw out. He opened his mouth and a flicker of bluish flame forced out through his throat. He coughed.

"A blue flame bearer!" his father exclaimed with wide eyes.

"That too in such a young age when just a few could blow out normal flames!" Drake added.

Jasper couldn't get over the startling experience and looked at his father perplexed.

"You are a blue flame owner my son!" his excited father said, "Blue flames are twice as powerful as normal yellow flames!"

"And yes, only once in a whole century someone is gifted with it." Drake said, smiling at Jasper with appreciation.

Jasper knew that something special had happened to him, through he was too stupified to realise it.

The words spread across The Seventh Kingdom making Jasper a legend - The dragon who can't fly is gifted with a rare blue flame!

END