Prologue

Merry Christmas!

My first official story!  Yay!  The prologue is gonna be a bit shorter, and then the first chapter should be longer.  Anyway, here we go!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

You watched with sad eyes as one of your only friends, (f/n), glanced back at you one last time. She/He gave you a small smile before turning back around and walking out the door, stepping into a new life with new parents, a new family.

Why couldn't it be you?

You were happy for her/him, you truly were, but you couldn't help but to be sad. You've been in this orphanage for practically your entire life, and no one has come to adopt you.  You were thirteen now, and you really doubted that you were gonna get adopted any time soon.

You remember that the woman who owned the orphanage had told you that only your mother had dropped you off; no father.

"Your mother didn't say who she was," the woman, a.k.a. Elise, had said.  "She just gave me your name and birthday, and left without a word."

You teared up at the memory of when you learned what your mother did.  Did she not want you?  Did you do something wrong?  Did she hate you?  You didn't know, and you had a feeling that you would never find out.

As night approached the orphanage, you were getting ready for bed.  You used to share a room with (f/n), but now you had it all to yourself.  You felt alone; you were alone.

You shrugged on your night shirt and some shorts before climbing into your bed.  You stared up at the ceiling of your dark room, the only source of light coming through your window.  The curtains that covered said window were opened just a slit, letting in a little bit of moonlight.

You sighed and burrowed deeper into your pillow, bringing the sheets closer around you.  You closed your eyes and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

Your name is (y/n) Winchester, and you were on your way to nowhere.